Broken electro osmosis wire.

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

Obsidian
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Broken electro osmosis wire.

Post by Obsidian »

Hi, when uninstalling the old fireplace in our lounge I unknowingly broke the electro osmosis wire. Unfortunately I built the new hearth on top of one end of the wire without realising it.

How do I connect the wire stub coming out of the anode to the left of the hearth to the wire disappearing into the hearth on the right?

I realise that I could simply call in our damp proofing peeps but I'm as tight as a duck's, and if it's simply crimping an extra bit of wire then I begrudge paying zillions of pounds for someone to crimp a bit of wire together.

Especially as I've seen articles that throw doubt on the amount of good such systems do.
Rorschach

Re: Broken electro osmosis wire.

Post by Rorschach »

Since it's unlikely it works anyway just join with another suitable bit of wire.
Obsidian
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by Obsidian »

I've seen some clips and wire available on Amazon, so might get some.
wes56

Post by wes56 »

its a rubbish system. complete boll..cks.never allow anyon to install it, it destroyes the house just getting it in an then does fa.
the wire used to be called titanium an you can tie a pece in to complete the circuit but if its old probly the box at the consumer unit is dead anyway. but who said magic was dead anyway?

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”