CRACKED ON THE WALL INSIDE AND WET WALL

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

Ks34
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CRACKED ON THE WALL INSIDE AND WET WALL

Post by Ks34 »

Hi,
it is my first post (additional written by woman) so I appreciate your understanding.
Once we took off all of the wallpaper we discovered a cracked in the wall which is not big, however it has been caused by faulty gutter and all of the water was fallen onto this wall. I am not sure how can I check where exactly that water is coming from? any advise? do you know what probably work will be needed to carry out? Pictures attached (one is from inside 1st floor, second is the gutter outside).
thanks
Attachments
1st floor wall inside
1st floor wall inside
kin.jpg (471.96 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
the wall and gutter outside
the wall and gutter outside
ki.jpg (243.87 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
wine~o

Re: CRACKED ON THE WALL INSIDE AND WET WALL

Post by wine~o »

Helibars to tie the wall in. I'm assuming that the wall is single skin ?
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
wes56

Post by wes56 »

you got problems with the probly blocked gutts the down pipean hopper. does the rwpie go into an unblocked gulley? btw only one pipe clip to be seen. do a few photos of where the roofs abut and the
abutmentflashing.
both the right handwall an theabutment wall and jog have defective render but wether it should all come off is a call from someone on site. the abutment render has been repaired before. render probly was used to cover defects.
photo close up of inside corner inside an outsid.
the crack might go below the floor an the newish joisting show this has been going on for a long time
the verge an roof on the left look well dodgy.
maybe you should get in a SE or a surveyor?
Ks34
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ks34 »

Hi, thanks for your advises. Actually, gutter has been changed but the problem has not disappeared. My parter will go there and have a look, take pictures and will let you know how it looks there.

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”