Damp Patch

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

jopo50
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Damp Patch

Post by jopo50 »

I had my party wall dot and dabbed about 2 months ago and recently painted the wall and about 2 days ago I noticed a smallish dark patch coming through the paint which seemingly is dampness, is there anything I can paint or something over this part of the wall, the patch is about 12 to 15 inches off the floor, the path is about the size of a small plate, Any ideas?
wes56

Re: Damp Patch

Post by wes56 »

did you have the wall d and d becase of damp? a photos showing the wall and the damp patch is usefull. does the neibor have damp ? is the floor suspended or solid?
jopo50
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by jopo50 »

Hi Wes, I just had it dot & dabbed as it was quicker to do, it's a solid floor, I also painted the wall with a Stain Block, but the little black marks have still come through, I am going to give it another coat of emulsion today
wes56

Post by wes56 »

waste of time to keep overpaintin.is there a chimney breast on the wall?could be the patch is probly on the dot an dabadhesive an might come thro on other places.

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”