Purdy 4.5 inch mini roller

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

fitzy
CLOSED ACCOUNT

Purdy 4.5 inch mini roller

Post by fitzy »

I love these rollers for cutting in, painting smaller areas etc but I've made the mistake of standing in water or paint and now I'm getting rusty water leaking out into my paint.

I notice they've stopped stocking them at screwfix. I wonder if it's a common complaint?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
OchAye

Re: Purdy 4.5 inch mini roller

Post by OchAye »

Silly question. It is not the handle by any chance? I used to have this problem as a teenager (I was no faster then), with the handles rusting (well I only had one handle back then). Once it started leaking half way through a wall it was not fun trying to stop wash up, clean handle with brillo pad not and continue. :-( Them Chinese make the handles so much better now :mrgreen:
fitzy
CLOSED ACCOUNT

Post by fitzy »

OchAye wrote:Silly question. It is not the handle by any chance? I used to have this problem as a teenager (I was no faster then), with the handles rusting (well I only had one handle back then). Once it started leaking half way through a wall it was not fun trying to stop wash up, clean handle with brillo pad not and continue. :-( Them Chinese make the handles so much better now :mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean, and I've done exactly the same myself but they aren't like normal mini rollers.

The roller sleeve doesn't slot onto the metal handle, they are more like a mini version of a 9in roller and sleeve, but rather than a cage they have a little barrel that the sleeve slides onto, and the paint and water gets into there at one end.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
Morton

Post by Morton »

I use it for the 6.5" roller sleeves - so handy for the small areas that doesn't warrant a 9" roller.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”