Horizon Tonight BBC 2 9pm

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave54

Re: Horizon Tonight BBC 2 9pm

Post by Dave54 »

kellys_eye wrote:
Dave54 wrote: Want to save the planet?
That's a statement that riles me - despite all the cr@p the likes of India and China throw out (thousands upon thousands more than 'we' do) it is the self-obsessive green do-gooders that try to enforce the idea that it is 'you and me' that is to be the death knell of the planet.

They need to save their ire for the overseas polluters and demand that heavy industry returns to the UK where emissions and pollution controls are strictly enforced.

Well before 'we' ruin the planet, the planet will 'ruin' us.
The whole "Green" thing is a farce. I reckon it's more about keeping people doing what they are told to do than any real hope of "saving the planet"
As you say, if we want to do that we have to look at the developing countries first, and of course stop using so much of the stuff they make.
You notice though that the whole "green" thing doesn't appear to apply to TPTB. They all drive around in big cars, fly across the world in private planes at the drop of a hat, and have everything they want. Even at the lower echelons of power, there's no real attempt to stop waste. Any official building always seems to be overheated in Winter for example.

As I've said before, it all makes me want to get a 1967 Chevy Camaro with the 396 engine, and use it as regular transport!
Enough from me I have to go and turn on the heating and open the windows! :lol:
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Dave54 wrote:
As I've said before, it all makes me want to get a 1967 Chevy Camaro with the 396 engine, and use it as regular transport!
Drool! Perchance to dream......

:thumbright:
Don't take it personally......
joinerjohn

Post by joinerjohn »

kellys_eye wrote: I can imagine that driverless cars will be a right PITA to normal road users too
Of course they will. They'll be designed to know the speed limit along whatever bit of tarmac they're on. (and stick to it) :wink: :wink:
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Q. Where do you go to see a driverless car?
A. Your rear view mirror.....
Don't take it personally......

Return to “The Lounge”