My Pet Hate 2

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

dewaltdisney

My Pet Hate 2

Post by dewaltdisney »

Grrrrrrr........ :angryfire: :angryfire:

When I use my extension reel (today) as I wind the cable back on to the reel I try to tip it sideways back and forth to get an even wind on the drum. However, a moments distraction will see the cable derail off the side walls of the drum and then wrap itself tightly around the frame before you stop winding. You have to unwind slightly and push the loops of cable wrapped tightly around the frame to pull them off so you can get it fed back on the drum properly.

This really makes me angry even though it was my impatience that caused it . :angryfire: :angryfire:

DWD
wine~o

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by wine~o »

I often get that with my hose pipe reel; never had it with the extension reel though...
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Notch1

Post by Notch1 »

Why do power tools come with a plastic case that always means there is never enough room for the power lead to go back without some very careful positioning to avoid getting trapped.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

Notch1 wrote:Why do power tools come with a plastic case that always means there is never enough room for the power lead to go back without some very careful positioning to avoid getting trapped.
And that the cable is always savagely bent where it comes out of the tool.

We used to have some extension cables where I worked, that were basically a plastic bucket with roller mechanism operated by a handle that the cable went through at the top. The cable just looped down into the "bucket" with no reel. I think they might have been made by Duraplug.
Not bad actually, but they needed adjusting regularly, and they didn't like dirty cable.

Hosepipe reels. . . :cussing: ::b :cussing: ::b

Anything that needs reeling up is a PIA though and will at the slightest chance unreel itself into a series of complicated knots.
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

Dave54 wrote:Anything that needs reeling up is a PIA though and will at the slightest chance unreel itself into a series of complicated knots.
Christmas lights
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Tools or equipment that are mains powered but the cable they come with is so stiff/heavy you can't put the tool/equipment down without it being held still under a 56lb weight......

Websites that ask your personal details and THEN tell you there's a fee to continue :cussing:
Don't take it personally......
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

dewaltdisney wrote:Grrrrrrr........ :angryfire: :angryfire:

When I use my extension reel (today) as I wind the cable back on to the reel I try to tip it sideways back and forth to get an even wind on the drum. However, a moments distraction will see the cable derail off the side walls of the drum and then wrap itself tightly around the frame before you stop winding. You have to unwind slightly and push the loops of cable wrapped tightly around the frame to pull them off so you can get it fed back on the drum properly.

wine~o wrote:I often get that with my hose pipe reel; never had it with the extension reel though...

And sooooo.... I spoke too soon.

dewaltdisney; You have jinxed me. I needed the extension reel today... and it had done exactly what you said. :cussing: :cussing:

As an aside...

The "bidet" on my Pug wasn't working... I needed to connect the power washer to the mains..

I had removed all the trim from the inside of the tailgate and wanted to blast through to unclog any blockage.

I'd assumed that the tube from the outlet to the storage tank would be one piece... so blasted the power washer through.. after ten second I realised I was wrong... :sad:

Water was p1zzing in through the internal headlining ... sooo I had to remove some more internal panelling and the some of the head lining to find where the join was, took about 3/4 of an hour to sort that...

The good news is that once I'd removed replaced reconnected everything the bidet works... with a bit of adjustment from a Steve Harley badge pin.

Once everything has dried out...
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

Clothing - What is it with button fly jeans there every where in the shops and what is it these days everything is 'skinny fit' or no fit baggy, ended up in mark and spencer for a reasonable pair of jeans with a zipper fly :lol:
joinerjohn

Post by joinerjohn »

flash22 wrote:Clothing - What is it with button fly jeans there every where in the shops and what is it these days everything is 'skinny fit' or no fit baggy, ended up in mark and spencer for a reasonable pair of jeans with a zipper fly :lol:
Yep, missus bought me a pair of jeans a few months ago. Bloody skinny fit and with buttons for flies. My legs already look loke matchsticks without covering them in summat akin to black cling film. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Lounge”