My Pet Hate 2

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
dewaltdisney
Senior Member
Posts: 8871
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: Essex
Has thanked: 436 times
Been thanked: 1586 times

My Pet Hate 2

Post by dewaltdisney » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Grrrrrrr........ :angryfire: :angryfire:

When I use my extension reel (today) as I wind the cable back on to the reel I try to tip it sideways back and forth to get an even wind on the drum. However, a moments distraction will see the cable derail off the side walls of the drum and then wrap itself tightly around the frame before you stop winding. You have to unwind slightly and push the loops of cable wrapped tightly around the frame to pull them off so you can get it fed back on the drum properly.

This really makes me angry even though it was my impatience that caused it . :angryfire: :angryfire:

DWD
User avatar
wine~o
Senior Member
Posts: 24624
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1315 times
Been thanked: 3618 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by wine~o » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:12 pm

I often get that with my hose pipe reel; never had it with the extension reel though...
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Notch1
Senior Member
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by Notch1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Why do power tools come with a plastic case that always means there is never enough room for the power lead to go back without some very careful positioning to avoid getting trapped.
User avatar
Dave54
Senior Member
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 999 times
Been thanked: 923 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by Dave54 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Notch1 wrote:Why do power tools come with a plastic case that always means there is never enough room for the power lead to go back without some very careful positioning to avoid getting trapped.
And that the cable is always savagely bent where it comes out of the tool.

We used to have some extension cables where I worked, that were basically a plastic bucket with roller mechanism operated by a handle that the cable went through at the top. The cable just looped down into the "bucket" with no reel. I think they might have been made by Duraplug.
Not bad actually, but they needed adjusting regularly, and they didn't like dirty cable.

Hosepipe reels. . . :cussing: ::b :cussing: ::b

Anything that needs reeling up is a PIA though and will at the slightest chance unreel itself into a series of complicated knots.
User avatar
someone-else
Senior Member
Posts: 8809
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 1487 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by someone-else » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Dave54 wrote:Anything that needs reeling up is a PIA though and will at the slightest chance unreel itself into a series of complicated knots.
Christmas lights
Fret not, a forum is a collection of opinions. Above, are mine.

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link to find out more.

Working on anything electrical? have you got a multi meter? why not? Would you hit a nail with a shoe?

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here
User avatar
kellys_eye
Senior Member
Posts: 10338
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Oban
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 1562 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by kellys_eye » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Tools or equipment that are mains powered but the cable they come with is so stiff/heavy you can't put the tool/equipment down without it being held still under a 56lb weight......

Websites that ask your personal details and THEN tell you there's a fee to continue :cussing:
sent from my laptop using my fingers - because we REALLY need to know where it's come from.....
User avatar
wine~o
Senior Member
Posts: 24624
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1315 times
Been thanked: 3618 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by wine~o » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:02 pm

dewaltdisney wrote:Grrrrrrr........ :angryfire: :angryfire:

When I use my extension reel (today) as I wind the cable back on to the reel I try to tip it sideways back and forth to get an even wind on the drum. However, a moments distraction will see the cable derail off the side walls of the drum and then wrap itself tightly around the frame before you stop winding. You have to unwind slightly and push the loops of cable wrapped tightly around the frame to pull them off so you can get it fed back on the drum properly.

wine~o wrote:I often get that with my hose pipe reel; never had it with the extension reel though...

And sooooo.... I spoke too soon.

dewaltdisney; You have jinxed me. I needed the extension reel today... and it had done exactly what you said. :cussing: :cussing:

As an aside...

The "bidet" on my Pug wasn't working... I needed to connect the power washer to the mains..

I had removed all the trim from the inside of the tailgate and wanted to blast through to unclog any blockage.

I'd assumed that the tube from the outlet to the storage tank would be one piece... so blasted the power washer through.. after ten second I realised I was wrong... :sad:

Water was p1zzing in through the internal headlining ... sooo I had to remove some more internal panelling and the some of the head lining to find where the join was, took about 3/4 of an hour to sort that...

The good news is that once I'd removed replaced reconnected everything the bidet works... with a bit of adjustment from a Steve Harley badge pin.

Once everything has dried out...
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Bob225
Senior Member
Posts: 3474
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 pm
Location: Kent, Land of Apples and PYO
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 616 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by Bob225 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Clothing - What is it with button fly jeans there every where in the shops and what is it these days everything is 'skinny fit' or no fit baggy, ended up in mark and spencer for a reasonable pair of jeans with a zipper fly :lol:
User avatar
joinerjohn
Senior Member
Posts: 2941
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 309 times

Re: My Pet Hate 2

Post by joinerjohn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:45 pm

flash22 wrote:Clothing - What is it with button fly jeans there every where in the shops and what is it these days everything is 'skinny fit' or no fit baggy, ended up in mark and spencer for a reasonable pair of jeans with a zipper fly :lol:
Yep, missus bought me a pair of jeans a few months ago. Bloody skinny fit and with buttons for flies. My legs already look loke matchsticks without covering them in summat akin to black cling film. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply

Return to “The Lounge”