Stoves and stove related questions

Moderator: Moderators

macawac1
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

SPARKO ST-41 inset Stove

Post by macawac1 »

Hi,

Has anyone heard of this stove manufacturer? I have had a Google look and cannot find any information.

We have just had a quote from a local fireplace installation company to fit a Riva insert fire into an existing fireplace opening for £2,800 which I thought was perhaps a bit steep! (This does not include a hearth or plastering, as at the time of survey I was not sure how I wanted the hearth to be).

I am now thinking of buying a fire myself, and then getting a HETAS installer to do all the works (we have several in our local area).

I have seen this one on Ebay - but cannot find anything else about the manufacturer - should I avoid?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251634850736? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,
Karen.
Chop

Re: SPARKO ST-41 inset Stove

Post by Chop »

I can't find anything about them either - the ebay seller is selling what appears to be a new item as a used one. The only reason I can think of for doing this is to to protect themselves against a claim if it's not as described or has a fault. I'd proceed with caution - good luck.
:thumbleft:

The Barman says, "I'm sorry, we don't serve time travellers". This time traveller walks into a bar.
mikew1972

Post by mikew1972 »

You did check his feedback right? In the past 6 months he has 25 positive feedback and 1 negative feedback which reads...

DOVRE 500 Multi fuel Stove (#251458962503) £360.00
BEWARE SELLING FAKE CONVERTED FROM ELECTRIC DEATHTRAP STOVES LYING CONMAN FRAUD

Now this is only a single feedback and there will always be someone who's not happy no matter what you do but it'd put me off buying a stove from him.
Mike
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

:dunno:

No refunds and cash on collection only ?? Hmmmmm
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
macawac123
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by macawac123 »

Thanks all for your replys,

I think common sense says to stay away from this seller and the fact that I can find no information whatsoever on the stove manufacturer either makes it even more odd.

again thanks folks - more stove hunting for me!

Return to “Stoves”