Moderator: Moderators

Ntvrman
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Power devil router bits problem

Post by Ntvrman »

Hi,
My son bought me a router from a boot fair - it didnt come with instructions.
So I thought I'd buy a set of bits - got them from aldi - problem is the shank is too small on the bits to tighten down on the router. My question is - does the head ( the part) you tighten down on the router come apart as its the inner tapers that don't hold the shank. I.e. do the taper pieces come out as in the box with the bits there's a taper piece that would work.

Hope someone can help.

Ntvrman
ayjay

Re: Power devil router bits problem

Post by ayjay »

If the bit shanks are too small, you can usually use a collet, they come in various internal diameters, normally 1/4 ", 6mm, and 8mm, but obviously they have to fit your router, (I'm not aware that they are interchangeable between routers) - so, if you have collets with the router, you should be good to go - just make sure that they fit correctly and tighten them up well, a loose router bit is a nasty accident waiting to happen.
One day it will all be firewood.
wine~o

Re: Power devil router bits problem

Post by wine~o »

:welcomeuhm:

Routers can have different size collets (The bit that takes the bit...if that makes sense)

I would assume that you have bought the wrong size for your machine...

Is there a model number on the machine you have ?? if so a quick google should tell you what size the collet is and what size bits you need.

Edit Ayjay was ahead of me....
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “Power Tool Manuals”