Howdens drawers

Wood working questions and answers in here please

Moderator: Moderators

caravan72

Howdens drawers

Post by caravan72 »

Hi there, went to Howdens yesterday as I couldn't work out how to fit my 3 drawer pack together, in fact I spent \ couple of hours the night before trying to figure it out only to grt up in the morning and took a quick look at the instructions that came witht he door front to realise how to do it but went to howdens anyway. Well standing in my local depot looking at the people serving there I thought, 'whats the chance they will know' when I spotted a senior looking guy putting a kitchen display together! I showed him the instructions and he responded by saying 'oh, the special instructions! he explianed how he puts them together and other tricks and after puting them together and looking at them he was right right but a little more understanding and they would have been a little higher but I'm happy with what I have and the wife has filled them already!
Now the for the units you pull out! what challange could they be like!
steviejoiner74

Re: Howdens drawers

Post by steviejoiner74 »

Did you get the large instructions book with your supplied kitchen? It has all you will need in there caravan72.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
caravan72

Post by caravan72 »

Yes I have the large instruction booklet, thats the one the senior fitter remarked 'special instructions' it has measurments showing how to hang the drawer runners and assemble the drawers, the fitter advised me to fit the rails and asseble the box without fronts and inset the drawer front connection into the drawer sides and fit the box in place then measure from the bracket down to the base of the unit then pop out the connections and fit to the front, I set the vetical adjustment to mid way but should have set it to it's lowest point then measured it to give me a more up adjustment (just a little more knowledge) but it's ok, the pullouts I've seen were usually mounted in the centre of the unit but howdens are side mounted so back to the 'special instructions'
Ianto1959
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ianto1959 »

Re the Howdens drawer unit there are small dot indents inside the unit where the screws for the runners go. 2 dots for each runner. You can then add as many screws as you need. Hope this helps.
moderator2
UHM Super Moderator

Post by moderator2 »

Ianto1959 , the thread is 5 years old. Pretty certain the OP will have fitted his kitchen by now.

I'll lock this thread in a mo.

Return to “Carpentry/Joinery Forum”