Clarke Multifuel Stove

Stoves and stove related questions

Moderator: Moderators

femalediyer
Newly registered Member

Clarke Multifuel Stove

Post by femalediyer »

Does anyone know anything about this make of stoves.
I have had two HETAS fitters out to look at putting one of these stoves in for me. The first said that it would be a problem but the second one has said that he will not fit them as they do not meet EU regulations....
He also said that they are really designed for workshops and not domestic properties but I certainly wouldnt want to put something that nice into a workshop, what I mean by that comment is that its not really a work horse model..
I have all the instructions and guidance notes and I thought that it all looked ok?
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: Clarke Multifuel Stove

Post by big-all »

the trouble with multy fuel stoves is the heat output on softwood can be as little as 15 to 20% off the maximum output if you only load once or twice an hour and never more than around 40-50% if you sit there loading it every few mins

if its a life style choice and your happy to spend several hours a week tending to it cleaning and fetching then great keeping in mind you will need several tonnes a year off free wood to stop it costing a lot more than gas heating

in other words they are expensive to buy and install time consuming to to run and at best a bit more expensive to run than gas[5p a kw] to a lot more than electric [15p a kw]

which specific stove was it
we are all ------------------still learning
moderator2
UHM Super Moderator

Post by moderator2 »

Moved to heating.
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

If you spend a bit more money & get something like a Woodwarm stove, these use a lot less fuel as the combustion is better, they gasify the burning process when burning logs & burn a lot cleaner.

In most rural areas now, many compnies offer a Ton Bag service & will sell you good quality soft or hardwood - most of which is well seasoned. I think you'd be wise to check out fuel supplies first, before looking for a stove.
Time-served Plumber/Heating Engineer & general wind-up merchant.
The Plumbers Anthem
If you have found my help or tips useful please donate here. Thank You;
donnas-dream-house-charity-t52110.html
Gas Safe RGI
Scottish, British & Proud.
I'm not or never claimed to be Chris Williams.

Return to “Stoves”