lagganman
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

new member help/advice needed

Post by lagganman »

Hi
I am a new member to the forum
I am looking for some advice just had a 2 companies give me a quotes for PV solar panels they have given me quotes 1st company 8k for 6 panels producing 2.4kWp
2nd company 9500 for 6 panels producing 2.4kWp
But I have just seen a complete kit at "link removed" price is £5,721 +vat but that is self/MCS qualified installers
Has anyone got any experience in going down this root all advice would be greatly appreciated
kellys_eye

Re: new member help/advice needed

Post by kellys_eye »

The only experience I can add is that the stated claims for power output are 'very generous' indeed..... real life results seem to be an awful lot lower.
Don't take it personally......
Sparky James

Post by Sparky James »

Im a MCS approved installer and the figures you quote dont add up, 6 panels normally equate to 1.5Kwp or less.
lagganman
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lagganman »

Sparky James wrote:Im a MCS approved installer and the figures you quote dont add up, 6 panels normally equate to 1.5Kwp or less.

sorry mate my mistake it was 10 panels the quote was for
but still looking around for a MCS qualified fitter to give me a quote on fitting any idea the price I would
have to pay a indepentent fitter to install the 4.0kW system I have found on the net (thats 17 panels)
phill

Post by phill »

if you go down the "ebay / diy" route you will not be able to claim the FiT as you need the install signed off by an MCS installer.

There is nothing stopping you doing it, and I know someone who has done it, they only have a small set up (~0.5Kw), and use it to cover the day time background load, the FiT would not generate enough money to cover the cost of installing.

If you are going for a 4Kw system then shop around and get a proper job, with a guarentee etc.

Return to “Energy Saving”