Milwaukee18V Cordless Impact Wrench review

Milwaukee power tool reviews in here please

Moderator: Moderators

ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

The Milwaukee HD18HIW-32 M18 cordless impact wrench sells for as much as £450 in some places, I bought mine on ebay for £270 brand new. The impact wrench came complete with two 3AH Li-Ion batteries, charger and case.
The impact wrench is not the smallest of impact wrenches but what would you expect from the most powerful 18v cordless impact wrench in the world, (correct at time of writing) which boasts a staggering 610 Nm of torque!
As a maintenance engineer this tool is extremely useful and can save a lot of time when tightening or undoing nuts and bolts. Here is a demo of the kit in use-

I can't really comment about the reliability of the machine yet as I have only owned it for about 6 months but in that time it has had a fair bit of use. Only last week I was using it on a job where it was used for a few hours of continuous use, so much so that the battery on the machine was going flat before the battery on charge was fully charged. It was used to undo about 100 M12 nuts and bolts that were extremely rusty, the large majority of these could not be undone and so it was often a case of putting a breaker bar on the nut and then the impact wrench on the bolt and tighten the bolt until it sheared.
I have used it several times for tightening M20 bolts and when the machine tightens these up you cannot tighten them further, even using a 3ft breaker bar.

So far I am delighted with the machine, if it is reliable and last a few years I'll be very happy!
These users thanked the author ultimatehandyman for the post:
big-all
Rating: 7.14%
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: Milwaukee18V Cordless Impact Wrench review

Post by big-all »

awsome you could pull a freight train with that on a winch :lol: :lol:
we are all ------------------still learning
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Re: Milwaukee18V Cordless Impact Wrench review

Post by ultimatehandyman »

big-all wrote:awsome you could pull a freight train with that on a winch :lol: :lol:

Probably :lol:

It's an amazing piece of kit, I think the day I find a bolt it can't undo or shear it is time to get the gas axe out :lol:

Return to “Milwaukee”