Find power tool manuals in here.

Moderator: Moderators

AlwaysPondering
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Hilti TE 17

Post by AlwaysPondering »

Hello

I've just obtained a Hilti TE17, I didn't get a manual with it. Just wondering if anyone knows where I could find out anymore info on the Drill, and where I can get any spare parts from

Cheers
StyXSIS

Re: Hilti TE 17

Post by StyXSIS »

WoW that's an old drill, something like 40yrs plus!.
I can tell you that a manual for that is almost impossible as it went out of production 30yrs ago or more. As for parts your best bet is ebay because nobody has parts for that drill anymore. Heres a manual for a TE 12 i do know its not the same but if you look at the bit holder info that part is what your TE 17 works like.
Attachments
TE12_S_Operators_Manual.pdf
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 2854 times
These users thanked the author StyXSIS for the post:
AlwaysPondering
Rating: 7.14%
AlwaysPondering
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by AlwaysPondering »

Thank you

Yep it's rather old. I'm the sort of person that would rather try and keep old things running then just go and buy something new. Am taking the view with this drill as it cost me next to nothing then if it breaks I'll have a go at fixing it, if I can't then I haven't really lost anything except my time. But as I enjoy taking things to bits and generally tinkering with machines I'll enjoy it.

Thanks once again..
StyXSIS

Post by StyXSIS »

Hey don't get me wrong it's still a great drill and one of the best things about it is no stupid electronics are inside to screw up, that's why they last so long. I do remember that you have to use a special lubricating oil though because it does all the gears - hammer mechanism and quite afew other things and the maximum amount you can put in it is 40ml but it's best to use 35ml as that gives less internal pressure on parts when moving and gives better movement with the seal for the hammering mode (oh and if your wondering where the oil goes, it goes in at the top where the screw cap is, it looks like it will open with a grinder 2 pin spanner but the holes are closer together so that doesn't work you might have to make your own) Remember to use Pneumatic Lubricating Oil but don't use compresor oil it doesn't have all the right propertise.

Return to “Power Tool Manuals”