Amazing invisible light switch

This is where you can post pictures of extremely poor workmanship, whether it is done by a dodgy tradesman or by an incompetent DIY'er. Instructions on how to post pictures can be found in here.

Moderator: Moderators

sparkydude

Amazing invisible light switch

Post by sparkydude »

Was working at a job the other day lifting some floorboards to get a cable in, went into a bedroom and went to turn the light on to see what was going on and look what i found, an amazing dissapearing lightswitch LoL. He had the room replastered about a month ago apparently and the lazy plasterers could not be bothered to bring the switch forward so skimmed it in, and then to top it off the decorators filled it and painted it in emulsion. Ideal for maintenance, or as i have got to do now, replace it as it has got a lose connection so when you lean on the wall the light goes out :grin: :grin: :grin:
Attachments
18082007003.jpg
18082007003.jpg (32.05 KiB) Viewed 13321 times
If it isnt broke dont bloody touch it until it bloody well is and if it is broke then make drawing of the connections before you remove the broken one and replace with a new one LoL
handyman

Post by handyman »

now, thats amazing :lol:
Fats
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Fats »

What am i looking at i cant see anything :wink:

And your customer let them get away with it before they pissed off with their money, or didnt they see it either.

Shocking :shock:
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

Classic :wink:
john59

Post by john59 »

and they didnt realy do a good job of it did they, i would have made it well smooth :lol:
Hitch

Post by Hitch »

Nice. :lol:

It annoys the hell out of me if people paint or paper around them, leta lone plaster around them :roll:
[size=100][color=green][b]Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one? [/b][/color][/size]
stevemastic

Post by stevemastic »

WTF did the owner say about that? :roll:
Knock Knock Knock........ Stevies home!!!!

nil illegitimus carborundum
yourweb

Post by yourweb »

Must be the play room where they want stuff hidden. I can not believe anybody would do this. This is why you need to look at the work being done before you pay. How long did this job take?
sparkydude

Post by sparkydude »

the owner did not say anything, it is in a very small bedroom , but still no escuses for workmanship like that . The plasterers were there for about a week skimming the whole house, the rest of the house is fine, but this one switch let them down LoL

Nick
If it isnt broke dont bloody touch it until it bloody well is and if it is broke then make drawing of the connections before you remove the broken one and replace with a new one LoL
yourweb

Post by yourweb »

Have you fixed that spot yet? If so what did you have to do?
Rich-Ando
Pro Tradesman

Post by Rich-Ando »

doesn't it just wind you up that you would never do anything like that with your job but other people don't give a toss what they do to other people trades.

the most common thing i see that is a typical example of a job with no care is generally plastering or decorating.

the amount of times we see things like the above with switches/sockets or ceiling roses or the same but papered in. is it realy that hard to unwind a couple of screws a few turns?

builders doing the plastering tend to think they can just plaster straight on wallpaper and it will not be discovered.

the most annoying thing is that customers just seem to let them get away with it and pay them but if i left a socket at an angle they would complain
::b

talking of which, how many times have you rewired a house, levelled everything up only to find that 3 weeks later the decorator has been and put every single light switch and socket back on pissed.

when i used to do site work years ago, we caught a plasterer filling in our socket boxes so when he wasn't looking, 4 of us peed into his plaster mix. :lol:
yourweb

Post by yourweb »

It is amazing who you have to watch doing what job.

I was on a job one time where this one guy was being hassled all the time by another guy and he told me to stop it or he would pay the price. This went on for about 2 weeks than one lunch period the guy that was doing the hassling was laying on a piece of plywood sleeping. The other guy nailed his pants to the plywood and when the whistle blew everyone left and this guy could not go. He almost lost his job over this but the good news was he never missed with this other guy again. In fact no one did.
lee
Newly registered Member

Re: Amazing invisible light switch

Post by lee »

sparkydude wrote:Was working at a job the other day lifting some floorboards to get a cable in, went into a bedroom and went to turn the light on to see what was going on and look what i found, an amazing dissapearing lightswitch LoL. He had the room replastered about a month ago apparently and the lazy plasterers could not be bothered to bring the switch forward so skimmed it in, and then to top it off the decorators filled it and painted it in emulsion. Ideal for maintenance, or as i have got to do now, replace it as it has got a lose connection so when you lean on the wall the light goes out :grin: :grin: :grin:
nice 1,not only buried the switch,the plastering pretty sh*t as well!!!!!!!!!!!!
diypeter

Post by diypeter »

maybe it,s a new trend of flush mounting :shock:
diy is for real not for fun
longboat
Newly registered Member

Post by longboat »

Wheres this guy from? Can he come and skim my lawn, am sick of cutting it!

Return to “Rogues Gallery”