Draper Tools

The Bargain Tool forum. This is for regular members to post about bargain tools. It is not for spammers to post links to tool sites!

Moderator: Moderators

wf9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Draper Tools

Post by wf9 »

Whats the general opinion on Draper tools as far as power tools and in particular hand tools go, just that i recently noticed my main tool provider has just published the a range on thier site and was wondering whether to give the range a go.

Im in need of a new household kit, you know with the basics range needed for small DIY jobs.

Any comments appreciated.
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

I have used Draper hand tools in the past and they have always been good and fit for purpose :thumbright:

I have no idea about the power tools though :?
Hitch

Post by Hitch »

I have got a fair few draper tools, from the 'expert' range.

Most of it is good quality and offers good value.

As for the powertools, not sure who makes them, i have a draper expert router, its identical to the Trend.
The budget power tools are okay, not the best, but probably a bit better than Ferm or similar cheapy brands. I have a random orbit sander, dying now, but its 5/6 years old and been well used. The grinder i had lasted about 2 years, with very heavy use. Cant complain for the prices though.

[size=100][color=green][b]Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one? [/b][/color][/size]
wf9

Post by wf9 »

cheers folks, this is what im going to buy

spam link removed by admin

Got a bit of a sparky job on in the house so i thought i'd treat myself for my troubles. I'll let you know what I reckon. :thumbright:
Tinman
Newly registered Member

Post by Tinman »

I reckon draper make halfords pro range too ! just a comment being a mechanic there is no diffrence in there spanners or socket sets except the wording.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/theflyingbanana/skull_left.gif[/img]
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

Tinman wrote:I reckon draper make halfords pro range too ! just a comment being a mechanic there is no diffrence in there spanners or socket sets except the wording.
I have a few halfords professional spanners and they are quality :wink:

Sometimes they have some good offers on at Halfords.
Tinman
Newly registered Member

Post by Tinman »

Well i use em a lot as snap on are too epensive and when it breaks i need to wait till i see the snap on tool guy to exchange it then its more waiting :?

But halfords you just walk in and say broke that and they replace it there and then usually :grin: and lots cheaper too .

Ye halfords have some nice ratchet spanners at £40 just now they would cost maybe £300 from snap on :roll:

I also have a draper multi meter and its a very nice bit of kit :wink:

Only ever broke a 1/4 ratchet and my heavy handed aprentice jumped on my breaker bar in the frosty weather and snapped it :shock: so for ten years using halfords stuff hard every day thats really good.

Oh i also have a draper mulcher for the garden scares the hell out of me when it sucks up a stone :oops:
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/theflyingbanana/skull_left.gif[/img]
Hitch

Post by Hitch »

Make a note of whats in that set wf9, you may well have half of it.
Or be able to omit a few things and save a few quid.

Tinman, i know what you mean about the snappy stuff, expensive, but in some cases, worth every penny! Another thing that i like, is the backup, i got a ratchet repair kit for an old ratchet bought 25+ years ago from snap on.

Draper, couldnt get one for one thats only 3 years old. :?

Anything that really gets a lot of physical, i buy snap on. Pry bars, adjustables etc. 8-)
[size=100][color=green][b]Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one? [/b][/color][/size]
Hitch

Post by Hitch »

I have just noticed..... take this rare oppertunity to note that Bargain tools, and Snap on are in the same paragraph :lol:
wf9

Post by wf9 »

Cheers hitch but i considered that and for what i was getting in the pack i thought i might as well replace my worn out old stuff and get the whole shebang!

By the way it arrived today, excellent service as per usual, and now to work!!! :wink:

Return to “Bargain Tools”