Damp patch on exterior wall

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

Breman
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Damp patch on exterior wall

Post by Breman »

Help,

I have a damp patch on an exterior wall and I cannot find the cause. Its driving me mad. The house is newly built and I moved in March 2008. The wall is coated in K-Rend.
I first noticed this patch in November 2008. There is not a leak in the roof as far as I can see and the guttering is fine. There is no damp at all on the interior of the wall, it is only visible on the outside. Rain definately seems to be the problem though as it does sometimes gets slightly larger after heavy rain.
The corner it is in does not see the sun at this time of year. The sun should be on it by the end of February, which hopefully should dry it up. But I am lost to what is causing it in the first place. Could it be that rain is just penetrating the K-Rend in this corner?

I have attached a photo to see if anyone has any ideas
Attachments
Damp3.jpg
Damp3.jpg (23.79 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
Damp4.jpg
Damp4.jpg (24.49 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
theplasterersarms
Has thanked: 0

Post by theplasterersarms »

my best guess to this is there is no diverter flashing installed...this would normally be slid in behind the step flashing on the roof, this will push any water into the gutter away from the rendering.

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”