scary black damp - please help

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

saleemchauhan
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

scary black damp - please help

Post by saleemchauhan »

I wonder if someone can help. my mum's got a damp problem which she's asked me to fix. Now, I can do general DIY around the house but have no experience of damp, i've taken lots of pictures which i can send out.

it all started with a leak in the roof but i think all the water got in between the walls and is now seeping through. however i am no expert, the damn looks like its rising but that could be because its accumulated at the bottom of the cavity.

Also the cement in the brick work is flaking - i can see this from the outside of the building - don't know if that's related, again i can send out photos to anyone. the guy who did this was some cowboy - as i don't live with my mum i don't know anything about the construction of the kitchen and i am included all the detail i have been told in this question. if you need any clarifications i can ask my mum or take more photos next time i visit.

lastly I don't know what a damp course looks like so I don't know if there is one there.

thank you very much for your help.

please see this link for pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/saleemchauhan/Damp
vespa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by vespa »

I the building single brick or cavity wall? It doesn't look to have any DPM either.... Did you fix the leak?

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”