Why is dry insulation still hazardous when previously wet ?

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

ronny the cowboy
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why is dry insulation still hazardous when previously wet ?

Post by ronny the cowboy »

10 years ago we buyed a house that had suffered some waterdamage.

We renewed the roof, but didn't pay attention to some relative small spots on our ceiling where water obviously must have leaked through.

Now the communal health inspector orders us to replace all insulation that's infected with microbes.(our ceiling insulation consists of sawdust and shavings)

No test for presence of hazardous microbic excretions have been performed though.

The assumption is primarily based on some stains on the ceiling that have occured 10 years ago wich has been exposed to leakage for the duration of maybe one summer.

He sais if insulation has been exposed to moist for the duration of only one week, it already will have contracted all kind of harmful micro organisms. (I suppose he referes to moulds and their spores)

Might be true, but I honestly can't comprehend how microbes and their excretions can still be actively hazardous in a bone dry environment for over 9 years while beeing sandwiched inbetween tar paper layers.

Could anyone in here please explain how or why the previously described situation might still be hazardous to our respiratory organs ?

And in addition p'haps... how it is possible I'm still around to tell the tale? :scratch:

:lol:
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

How or why has the communal health inspector got involved.

What is going on.
ronny the cowboy
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ronny the cowboy »

I explained this already in the topic were ppl can introduce themselves Thescruff.

You already took notice of it when you replied to me there.

suspectedweedfarmer-saying-hi-t14623.html

It Feels like the bloody community is trying to get us out of our house in order to lay claim of our land and sell it off to some prospective well paying home owners.
In the whole area they lately began forcing private owners to give up their land and have new building projects flourishing all over the place.

(I,m the proud owner of over 1 ha land inside the confinerys of the suburb wich would enable them to permit license for at least 3 new building complexes)
World is more rotten as one might suspect.

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”