Water under laminate floor

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

finnkiwi
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Water under laminate floor

Post by finnkiwi »

Our radiator was leaking water which went under the laminate floor through the side of the radiator pipe. We discovered this when the sides of the laminate swell and when stepping on it, water came on to the surface of the floor. The area that seems to be affected is in the hallway and approximately 1m x 0.5m.

The leak in the radiator has now been fixed and we have hired a de-humidifier for a week to get rid of the water under the floor.

The de-humidifier has been filling up with quite a lot of water. But how do we know whether under the floor has dried good enough without removing the laminate?

Any advice or stories of similar experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hoovie
Borders Bodger
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hoovie »

similar experience story .... Friend of mine had a dishwater leak. Claimed off insurance and got all new flooring installed (which she liked better) in Kitchen, hallway and w/c (as it all had to match)

so that is one possible direction :wink:
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?"
She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

My sisters wahing machine flooded the kitchen once and ruined the laminate as it swelled considerably. They left it to dry and after a few weeks it returned to normal and you could not even tell.

Eventually it should dry out, even without the dehumidifier

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”