Kodak Printer

All your computer hardware and software questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

Barrysh
Newly registered Member

Kodak Printer

Post by Barrysh »

Hi, I have been given a Kodak printer which I am assured is in working order but it's power lead is missing. Manual says only use Switching Adapter 36v DC @ 0.9A supplied. The printer is a Kodak ESP C310. I will have to have a look on Ebay for one but am I limited exactly to that model and rating. Not very tech savvy so hope you understand . Thanks
etaf

Kodak Printer

Post by etaf »

are you 100% certain it works, seen quite a few kodaks of that model stop working, in fact we had a couple of years ago and it stopped.

you will need the correct voltage 36V DC , if that is what it says it needs - 0.9A can be rated higher on the adapter - Not lower
Simple DIYer
Wayne
Someone-Else

Kodak Printer

Post by Someone-Else »

You have been given a printer that you are told works, but how could it if it does not have a power supply?
You have to spend money on a power supply for a printer that may or may not work that will probably need more ink.

To be honest, its probably going to cost more than a new printer will to fix / get parts.

I do not know how good it is, but you can get an all in one (brand new) for £25 click here
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Kodak Printer

Post by big-all »

i would never ever buy a "cheap printer" they are cheap to tie you in to overpriced cartridges
even when you can get generic they can often be "chipped " to stop things working
if its cheap then make sure 100% it can be definatly bypassed to use generic cartridges
we are all ------------------still learning
dewaltdisney

Kodak Printer

Post by dewaltdisney »

I had a Kodak printer and I would have given it away too. It was cartridge hungry and even though they made a thing about the cost of the cartridges being cheap (not that cheap)you can not refill them as there is an electronic chip in the cartridge that once set to empty cannot be reset. I dumped mine and got an HP Deskjet which was on offer in Tesco for £20.

My advice is do not spend any money on it, dump it.

DWD
Someone-Else

Kodak Printer

Post by Someone-Else »

big-all wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:09 pmi would never ever buy a "cheap printer" they are cheap to tie you in to overpriced cartridges
But isn't that the same with which ever brand of printer?
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
ayjay

Kodak Printer

Post by ayjay »

someone-else wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 pm But isn't that the same with which ever brand of printer?
I've got a Canon printer (TS5050) which was about £60 when new, I can get a full set of 5 compatible cartridges for £12.99, (5 as it has a photo black as well as a print black).

I would say, don't buy an Epson, my last printer was an Epson, again, I could get cartridges cheap, but the printer clogs up with ink if it's not used regularly, and the built in cleaning programme makes it worse by chucking more ink on top of the clogged up ink in the hope that it will somehow disappear.
One day it will all be firewood.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Kodak Printer

Post by big-all »

someone-else wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 pm
big-all wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:09 pmi would never ever buy a "cheap printer" they are cheap to tie you in to overpriced cartridges
But isn't that the same with which ever brand of printer?
yes thats the point
thats why i say check the running costs over a few years rather than upfront in :thumbleft: isolation
we are all ------------------still learning

Return to “Computers”