"job in the town"

This is where you can post pictures of extremely poor workmanship, whether it is done by a dodgy tradesman or by an incompetent DIY'er. Instructions on how to post pictures can be found in here.

Moderator: Moderators

oz0707

"job in the town"

Post by oz0707 »

Literally on a job in the town the other day. Being ran by a big regional contractor. All the health and safety bells and whistles. Site managers, foreman etc etc. Look at this... First floor joists with blockwork above to first floor roof.
upload image
Bob225

"job in the town"

Post by Bob225 »

They built the wall on top of a timber wall plate I take it its a external structural wall, what's going on with that joist being notched out
oz0707

"job in the town"

Post by oz0707 »

Internal leaf of cavity but yes structural wall. I suppose they have notched the joists so it lines up with timber plate. Effectively reducing depth of joist as notch is on the bottom. This is what happens when you have all the bells and whistles but no idea about the actual job. Agency joiners no doubt, clueless foreman no doubt and lax building control. Supposed to be doing a bit there next week on some sash windows i'm going to ask the caddy if thats the new modern method everyones using!?

Return to “Rogues Gallery”