Bath Panel Question

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

chris301up
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bath Panel Question

Post by chris301up »

Right. Bit of a silly question but here goes anyway

Recently I purchased a Beresford 1500 'P' shaped shower bath which unfortunately didn't come with a front panel. I have been trying to locate one but it looks as though these are now discontinued.

My question is this; Are these universal fitting? Will one from another manufacturer fit this if the length and height is correct?

I never had reason to fit one of these before hence this question
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Re: Bath Panel Question

Post by Job and Knock »

Every P-shaped bath I've ever seen seems to be different. You might be lucky and find one from another source which fits, but I think the chances are slim
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
chris301up
Newly registered Member

Post by chris301up »

That's what I was thinking hence my question. I'll see if I can find out who manufactures the Beresford range and go from there. Maybe I'll put a wanted ad on Scpock or something. Thank you for your kind response.
arco_iris

Post by arco_iris »

Whilst it may be what you originally had in mind, it would not be too difficult to:

a) fix short pieces of batten to the timber under the rim;
b) use a plumb line or short batten & spirit level to mark the floor and fit short pieces there;
c) then panel between the two, either with t&g or, Wickes, for instance, do a grooved mdf panel that can be curved round.

Then paint it.
London mike 61

Post by London mike 61 »

Try this;
Type ‘P shaped bath panel uk beresford ‘ into google then click on the images tag, this will throw up images that are linked to web sites that are likely to be able to supply the bath panel you need.
I’ve used this tactic on other items and had great success

Worth a try :thumbright:

Mike
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
algypan
Newly registered Member

Post by algypan »

arco_iris wrote:Whilst it may be what you originally had in mind, it would not be too difficult to:

a) fix short pieces of batten to the timber under the rim;
b) use a plumb line or short batten & spirit level to mark the floor and fit short pieces there;
c) then panel between the two, either with t&g or, Wickes, for instance, do a grooved mdf panel that can be curved round.

Then paint it.

^^ This.

I made a bath panel out of wood sheets and tiled it with the same tiles as the floor, so it looked like the floor was running up the bath. Looked great to be fair, until randomly the tiles decided to fall off (I'm terrible at DIY I'm ashamed to say). So I just made a batten frame and T&G it, then painted same colour as floor tiles instead. Turned out ok actually... for my standards anyway.
chris301up
Newly registered Member

Post by chris301up »

I made a bath panel out of wood sheets and tiled it with the same tiles as the floor, so it looked like the floor was running up the bath. Looked great to be fair, until randomly the tiles decided to fall off (I'm terrible at DIY I'm ashamed to say). So I just made a batten frame and T&G it, then painted same colour as floor tiles instead. Turned out ok actually... for my standards anyway.
I don't think I would be able to tile this if I manufactured one due to the curved area for the 'P' shape? Nice suggestion though and worth bearing in mind!
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

Tiling with large tiles would be awkward . Four inch tiles would easily work as they are about the same size as the t&g matchboarding that arco_iris suggested. I did one with boards easily this year . I had to put skirting around it too which was a tad diffficult but it all worked out pretty well.
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Post by Job and Knock »

chris301up wrote:I don't think I would be able to tile this if I manufactured one due to the curved area for the 'P' shape?
Narrow strip tiles or mosaic tiles?
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
chris301up
Newly registered Member

Post by chris301up »

Right. Just an update. I have been doing some shopping around and it looks like I will have to obtain the correct Beresford 'P'shaped bath panel. The size of the 'P' section and the design makes it quite unique. I simply cannot find a panel by any other manufacturer that will come close, so if anyone knows where I may be able to obtain one of these then please contact me. Other than that, I will either have to make one myself, as per the recommendations, or remove the bath and replace for a completely different design / make. Something I'd rather not do. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Return to “General DIY forum”