12%
Wider than average
71%

Total votes: 17
ayjay

Re: Feet

Post by ayjay »

:thumbright:

I've seen New Balance mentioned several times in the search for a wider walking shoe, but not found one yet that I wanted to try.

I do prefer something more muted and looking a little less like a technicolour yawn. :help:

I can't help being a boring old fart, that's just where we all eventually end up. :oops:
One day it will all be firewood.
boxedin

Post by boxedin »

Think on though Ayjay if you are out in weather like this and fall into a snow drift all the search and rescue are going to see are your shoes
I'm just happy if I get home with both my kneecaps still on

These are 12 2e wide but thats big so you would need to measure your feet before ordering to be sure
https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/new ... lsrc=aw.ds

14 day return period with conditions
https://www.sportsshoes.com/support/del ... returns#GB
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

boxedin wrote:Think on though Ayjay if you are out in weather like this and fall into a snow drift all the search and rescue are going to see are your shoes
I'm just happy if I get home with both my kneecaps still on
It's a good thought, but I'm considerably less intrepid than I was when younger.

When it's snowing nowadays, I stay at home. I turned back yesterday after about 200 yards walking into the wind, (no snow). I just asked myself, "Am I enjoying this"? The answer was NO, so I turned round and went back.
boxedin

Post by boxedin »

Have now got to trek across the park in my NB's to the allotment to get the snow off of the permanent netting (scaffold debris so small holes) I have up, as otherwise it brings them down,
only a mile or so but its still cold well into minus plus wind chill, its when the snood come into its own. and heat holder socks
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Post by Job and Knock »

I, too, have the problem of wide feet. To date the most comfortable ones I've found are Easy_B shoes - made in Northampton. Safety boots are also a problem - so much so that I've resorted to buying Steitz Oslo boots from Germany in recent years as they often can't be had here in the UK
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
fin

Post by fin »

ive got clarks boots and shoes. i have dewalt boots for graft. all size 11

for trainers i have a pair of addidas samba but i need a new pair of trainers now,. size 11

and i have just recently bought a new pair of addidas copa mundial football boots after the previous pair which i managed to get atleast 5 years out of fell apart. i ordered size 11. then after playing in them i remembered that last time i thought i perhaps should have gone for the size 10 1/2 that addidas offer. think they are a touch too big. also when i compare new to old boots the old boots have obv stretched and the 2 sides where the laces go through have pulled really close together. i suppose given time the new boots will end upt he same. they are still the best boots ive ever had. they had best last a while too as theyre £110 a pair.
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

Just an update: I tried several pairs of walking shoes in wide fittings over the space of a couple of months including a £200 pair of which one shoe was a perfect fit and really felt good, but the other wasn't. :cussing:

I eventually went to a local(ish) shop and tried a pair which seemed OK , they were only £50, looked a lot like a trainer but were waterproof, breathable etc etc and seemed to fit. I could return them if they weren't right so long as they'd not been worn outdoors.

I tried them on again at home and they seemed OK still, but after about ten minutes my feet felt hot, in fact not just hot, they felt as though they were actually burning. (This was while my wife was in hospital (Feb 2 - May 16), and life was complicated). I took them off and they've sat there unused ever since.

With the weather turning colder I tried them outside yesterday (probably no chance of returning them now anyway) and they were fine. :huray:
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

I have a similar problem with condoms............................
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

ayjay wrote:..................... including a £200 pair, of which one shoe was a perfect fit and really felt good, but the other wasn't. :cussing:
Argyll wrote:I have a similar problem with condoms............................
So, let's get this straight. You buy a pair of condoms and one fits your cock and the other doesn't fit your partners? :ky: :mrgreen:
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

ayjay wrote:
ayjay wrote:..................... including a £200 pair, of which one shoe was a perfect fit and really felt good, but the other wasn't. :cussing:
Argyll wrote:I have a similar problem with condoms............................
So, let's get this straight. You buy a pair of condoms and one fits your cock and the other doesn't fit your partners? :ky: :mrgreen:
Must be Chinese ones, They make standard ones look like there xxl

Return to “The Grumpy corner”