A proper rant - not your wimpy wine~o rant.....

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

Chemfree

Re: A proper rant - not your wimpy wine~o rant.....

Post by Chemfree »

Farage is not bent/corrupt/deceitful enough to have remained in politics.He has honourable standards,unlike the "right honourable" this and "very reverend" that.Talk about blowing smoke up each other`s jacksies!In the words of Salford bard Dr J C-C.."what kind of creature bore them,was it some sort of bat,they can`t think of a good name for them,but I can: ****s!"(sic)
Farage`s lifestyle is very different to mine,but I respect him more than any MP I can think of,past and present.Name one good one folks?
A true David against the hideous Goliaths.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Previous comments reveal the extent that FAKE NEWS has managed to skew peoples perception of 'facts'. I'm somewhat disappointed that members of this forum should fall for it although, given the extent of media corruption and control, it's difficult to apportion blame.

It goes back to my first post - how people can be 'stupid' enough to believe the utter cr@p, lies and deceit that our Government foists upon them - via a complicit MSM and the BBC (in particular).
Don't take it personally......
joinerjohn

Post by joinerjohn »

kellys_eye wrote:
It goes back to my first post - how people can be 'stupid' enough to believe the utter cr@p, lies and deceit that our Government foists upon them - via a complicit MSM and the BBC (in particular).
Yep, in the run up to the referendum, the Beeb kept harping on about the possibility of a budget of doom n gloom (which never materialised once Dave C abandoned his post , taking the chancellor with him). Even now the Beeb seem to take every opportunity to criticise the UK's decision to leave the corrupt EU.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

kellys_eye wrote:Previous comments reveal the extent that FAKE NEWS has managed to skew peoples perception of 'facts'. I'm somewhat disappointed that members of this forum should fall for it although, given the extent of media corruption and control, it's difficult to apportion blame.

On the subject of fake news.....................
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (54.61 KiB) Viewed 5136 times
joinerjohn

Post by joinerjohn »

Argyll wrote:
kellys_eye wrote:Previous comments reveal the extent that FAKE NEWS has managed to skew peoples perception of 'facts'. I'm somewhat disappointed that members of this forum should fall for it although, given the extent of media corruption and control, it's difficult to apportion blame.

On the subject of fake news.....................
I work for the NHS and honestly never believed a word of this £350 million for the NHS
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

What, precisely, is 'fake' about the notice on the side of that bus?

We actually DO send £350m a week to the EU. That figure is actually going to RISE shortly too!
We 'could' fund the NHS with it instead...... regardless of whether we actually do or not.

They are two statements of fact that are indisputable - they may be misleading, but they are true..... so, what is fake about them then? Other than your post being 'fake' by its misleading content...... :mrgreen:

Such statements can't be any worse than the BS we're fed every day about how badly off the UK is supposed to be if we 'crash out' (another BS word play like the good old 'climate change denier' one constantly made to scare us).

As for the NHS, funny how there's no mention of the increased population (immigrants), the diseases they inevitably bring (TB being a big concern not to mention first cousin marriages and the birth defects we have to pay for, then there's the medical tourism....... but no, let's not mention all that shall we.)

Then there's the crap over Russia - I'm surprised the Government aren't blaming Russian interference for the Brexit vote...... ::b It just goes on and on.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Get a load of this (worth a read)

http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-content/ ... ct2018.pdf

....it finds that the UK government is itself in the forefront of social media manipulation through 'fake' content creation, distraction, trolling and harassment, using around 1,500 Full Time Equivalent staff to distort, manipulate and pollute social media. It's not we, private citizens, that need to be regulated - it's Whitehall and Westminster.

(cut'n'pasted from one of my regular blog sites http://raedwald.blogspot.com/2018/08/uk ... cyber.html
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

We 'could' fund the NHS with it instead...... regardless of whether we actually do or not.
"whether we do or not"

Look at the bus? That's what they said they'd do and you have the audacity to say it's not fake news!!!

That's why I very rarely comment on your rants. Because it's pointless, you never accept the evidence. You totally disregard what is said to you. You are right all the time.

I won't reply again.
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

mike10 wrote:
Argyll wrote:Problem with Farage . . . . . However the BBC love him as he fits their political beliefs.
You are obviously watching a different BBC than I am if that is what you think.
Probably shows how the terms left and right wing are becoming increasingly irrelevant. I've heard those with a right wing leaning complain of a left wing bias with the BBC and left wingers complain there is a right wing bias.
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

Argyll wrote:f*ck me KE! I agree with everything you said there :shock: :shock: :shock:
Frightening isn't it ? On the Russia subject I agree too.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

FFS Argyll - saying 'let's do x instead' doesn't mean 'we WILL do x instead'. It's a suggestion, not a promise or a guarantee. It doesn't alter the fact that they COULD do it if they wanted to - in fact, without even getting our money back, the Government have 'promised' £20bn for the NHS anyway - do you actually believe it'll get it?

Seriously, if anyone takes a optimistic view of every announcement or advertisement then they're gullible tw*ts - pure and simple. Do you seriously believe that the Brexit vote was won entirely because of the statement on the side of that bus? Is that 'all' you've got in opposition to the Brexit result? Sad....

Do you reckon that's the ONLY factor that made 17 million people vote OUT? Are those 17 million that STILL want out 'pissed' at the fact that the bus advert may have only been an optimistic hope rather than a guarantee?

Since you are of a fervent belief that Scotland CAN go it alone (despite needing EU assistance and control) - in the face of all evidence to the contrary - it places you squarely in the 'gullible t*at' category - no wonder you take such umbrage at a silly political stunt like that bus and constantly refer to it as if it will make any difference to the outcome of Brexit (or change anyone's mind).
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

Grendel wrote:
mike10 wrote:
Argyll wrote:Problem with Farage . . . . . However the BBC love him as he fits their political beliefs.
You are obviously watching a different BBC than I am if that is what you think.
Probably shows how the terms left and right wing are becoming increasingly irrelevant. I've heard those with a right wing leaning complain of a left wing bias with the BBC and left wingers complain there is a right wing bias.
It seems to me that some of those of the left see anyone who isn't as left as they are, as having a right wing bias.
I mean the BBC "biased to the right"? They might be be "biased to the left of centre"?
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

The BBC can be any side of the political divide they want to be (although they SHOULD be impartial - it's in their own Charter to be) all I want from the is to REPORT the news, not put their slant on it or give their OPINION on it.

And reporting it ACCURATELY would also help.

Return to “The Grumpy corner”