Impossible pills

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

ayjay

Impossible pills

Post by ayjay »

Doc has given me some pills to take, (one pill three times per day).

Reading the destructions it says:- " .....should not be taken within one hour before, or two hours after drinking tea, coffee or milk...."

Bearing in mind that I drink tea almost constantly through the day before switching to coffee in the evenings I'm not really sure when I'm going to take them.

I can't wait an hour before a tea in the morning - and then wait another two hours for the next cuppa and so on throughout the day. (Especially as the doc is still just guessing/hoping the pills will do something helpful - i.e. no confirmed diagnosis of the problem yet).

:idea1: Maybe the answer is to just drink beer. :scratch: Thanks Doc! :lol:
One day it will all be firewood.
Someone-Else

Re: Impossible pills

Post by Someone-Else »

FWIW I have had to cut back considerably on my coffee consumption on Doc's orders because of the pills I have to take. I don't drink tea, water it is then for most of the time :cb So I can sympathise with you.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

I took my wife to see the doctor yesterday, it just happened to be the same doctor that I'd seen who prescribed these pills for me, so when we'd finished with all her stuff I sneaked in a quick question about my situation and mentioned the difficulties of adhering to the regime for taking these pills he said:- " I wouldn't worry about that too much. it's not that important" :shock:

I've got one day's dose left! :cussing:

..........but along with the increased fibre in my diet they have been quite effective, my average number of poos per day has come down from a high of 15 to a much more normal 4.8 and the lethargy has gone. :-)
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

its all down to the lowest common denominator
one person may have milk curdeling and making them sick within those time spans the other 99% will be covered by say 15 mins before and 30 mins after
when you have an endiscope the food prep starts 50 hours before [saturday morning for monday afternoon]with nothing to eat for 48 hours
now you take the prep it in three stages a full sachet 35 hours half a sachet 29hours and final half 5 hours before
now i know the prep has 95-99% fully emptied the gut within 1 hour off the first sacket so a second half say 4 hours later it would be sorted so i would be fully cleared for an afternoon visit starting say sunday late evening possibly monday first thing
but they need to cover the worst option rather than adapt for the individual
we are all ------------------still learning
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

so in short what your saying B-A is. Some people are more full of :cussing: than others :lol:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

Bob225 wrote:so in short what your saying B-A is. Some people are more full of :cussing: than others :lol:
yes :lol: :lol:
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

big-all wrote: when you have an endiscope the food prep starts 50 hours before [saturday morning for monday afternoon]with nothing to eat for 48 hours
now you take the prep it in three stages a full sachet 35 hours half a sachet 29hours and final half 5 hours before
now i know the prep has 95-99% fully emptied the gut within 1 hour off the first sacket so a second half say 4 hours later it would be sorted so i would be fully cleared for an afternoon visit starting say sunday late evening possibly monday first thing
but they need to cover the worst option rather than adapt for the individual
You must have either had bad luck or looked like you were full of it. I have to have 2 packets of the stuff (mixed into 2l of water) less than 24 hours before. Think i have the lemon flavoured one (again)
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

its a standard instruction booklet for as i say the lowest common denominator to cover all choices
as i say about 6hrs see me fully clear :lol:
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

big-all wrote: as i say about 6hrs see me fully clear :lol:
You must have been full of s***, I was a mere husk after two hours.

I lifted the toilet seat for a normal clean a few days later, (it always stays down in our house - we don't call it the library for nothing) and I noticed that I'd managed to pebbledash the underside of the seat. :shock:

I decided I'd better give the floor a mop over as well after that. :lol:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

its trapped gas that causes splatter :lol:
thats why my fizzy pop is 95% flat as is my cider :lol:
transfer to another two bottles quite roughly then back again giving a few mins for the gas to escape

Return to “The Grumpy corner”