Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

boxedin

Whistle blower bound and gagged

Post by boxedin »

dewaltdisney

Re: Whistle blower bound and gagged

Post by dewaltdisney »

I wanted to say that some people cannot take a joke these days but then I thought that probably would not go down well today. Of course in my day things like that happened all the time, I do not suppose anyone gave a toss. It was never horrible though.

DWD
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

That pic looks a bit fake to me.

Our labourer Wayne was worse, it was 1976, it was his birthday, he was black, we stripped him naked, tied him to a lampost, and whitewashed him - and he loved it. :scratch:
One day it will all be firewood.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Yeah, I call 'fake' too.

Not a word from the supposed 'offended' - as usual it's all coming from those that have taken offence on her behalf. Pathetic.
Don't take it personally......
columbiers
Newly registered Member

Post by columbiers »

kellys_eye wrote:Yeah, I call 'fake' too.

Not a word from the supposed 'offended' - as usual it's all coming from those that have taken offence on her behalf. Pathetic.
But that's just not the case. The BBC report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44222575 seems pretty clear that the office is staffed by utter tossers if even 1% is true. If that was my wife or daughter treated like that I'd find it difficult to not beat them to death.

As for
ayjay wrote:That pic looks a bit fake to me.

Our labourer Wayne was worse, it was 1976, it was his birthday, he was black, we stripped him naked, tied him to a lampost, and whitewashed him - and he loved it. :scratch:

Thank goodness time has moved on. I would take great pleasure in sacking any staff who took part in something like that, whether the victim felt obliged to laugh along or not. Thankfully such incidents are much rarer these days, most people generally know how to behave and treat each other properly at work.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

I still smell a fake - the potential for 'compo' is a great incentive for resurrecting age-old events that can be obscured by 'he said, she said' argument.
Don't take it personally......
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

columbiers wrote: As for
ayjay wrote:That pic looks a bit fake to me.

Thank goodness time has moved on. I would take great pleasure in sacking any staff who took part in something like that, whether the victim felt obliged to laugh along or not. Thankfully such incidents are much rarer these days, most people generally know how to behave and treat each other properly at work.
Wayne was always moaning that us white boys had it "easier", we just helped him along with his fantasy of becoming white - and he really did take it in good part. The boss was an inveterate laughaholic and also though it hilarious.

It was a different world back then, and I can't say it was any worse than now, despite acknowledging that you wouldn't get away with such antics today. I'm not sure now if that's a good or a bad thing.
One day it will all be firewood.
Manc chippy

Post by Manc chippy »

Not much tape. No gag left in her mouth. Smells fishy.
When was the photo taken.

Anyway, whisleblowing is WRONG unless someone is being harmed. I don't know why they get such protection by the law.

Return to “The Grumpy corner”