What's that all about?

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

ayjay

What's that all about?

Post by ayjay »

I bought a pair of shoes in an outdoorsy type shop (part of a well known chain), I'd managed to misread their website and consequently discovered that they didn't have in stock the shoes I'd wanted to try on.

After getting a different pair home and giving them an extended workout around the lounge, I knew they had to go back.

I phoned and explained the situation, they said they would get in the shoes I wanted to try, it took longer than usual cos of the snow, and they had to get them from their supplier which means their website was also completely wrong as it showed them in stock in the company but not at that particular store.

Got an email yesterday advising me that they had arrived, which included this rider at the bottom of the email, (which apparently I'm supposed to print off and take with me). :roll:
Collection Advice

Please print this collection confirmation and bring it with you or alternatively quote your order number in store.
We will also ask you to present a valid photo I.D. such as a photo driving license or passport.

These items will be reserved in store for 7 days, if you wish to collect your items after this please contact the store on: 01202 .........
It's a pair of shoes ffs!!!

I just presented my debit card to buy the first pair, the same as every other customer that day I should think.

I'll not be digging out my passport, and my driving licence is a paper one without a photo.

I'm not really anticipating a problem, but if they don't like it they can shove them where the sun don't shine. :B
One day it will all be firewood.
Bob225

Re: What's that all about?

Post by Bob225 »

its a canned reply a lot of places you can buy and pay online and collect instore - to me it makes sense as you don't want anyone but the customer picking up goods that are paid for
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

(Play the above then read below)

Your mission, should you accept it, is as follows:
ayjay wrote:
Collection Advice

Please print this collection confirmation and bring it with you or alternatively quote your order number in store.
We will also ask you to present a valid photo I.D. such as a photo driving license or passport.

These items will be reserved in store for 7 days, if you wish to collect your items after this please contact the store on: 01202 .........
This message will self destruct in 15 seconds. . . :shock:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

they have excluded me as have easy jet and other institutions [possibly voting in years to come :lol: ]
as i have no photo id :scratch: :lol:
we are all ------------------still learning
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

big-all wrote:they have excluded me as have easy jet and other institutions [possibly voting in years to come :lol: ]
as i have no photo id :scratch: :lol:
I don't think I have either, I'm fairly sure my passport has expired and my DL is still a paper one.

I might have my old 715 card with a tiny and badly reproduced pic on it somewhere,(it could be just about anyone with a full beard and dark hair) but not really sure about that either.
One day it will all be firewood.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

i actually have 2 old passports from my early 20s and mid 30s so the pictures are from 1/3 and half my life ago :lol: :lol:
we are all ------------------still learning

Return to “The Grumpy corner”