Jack Of All Trades

Re: Shed Building

Post by Gadget »

Looking good up to now... :thumbright:
By eck! ©
Mark-J

Post by Mark-J »

Well, what with bad weather, funds, ill health and other commitments, it's taking its time, but this is where we are at.

Electricity is currently being installed, so it's just the fibreglass roof to go on and the patio door. After that, it's the home stretch with things like rendering and insulation.
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Post by Job and Knock »

:thumbright:

Looking good. Thanks for taking the time to update us. It's much appreciated
These users thanked the author Job and Knock for the post:
Mark-J
Rating: 7.14%
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
Mark-J

Post by Mark-J »

What with the weather and all, it's taking its time but we managed to finish off the fibreglass roof (and guttering) yesterday.

I have a question, how do I safely and legally dispose of the four empty resin 20kg drums that are left?

Thanks all

Rossl1985
Newly registered Member

Post by Rossl1985 »

Mark-J wrote:What with the weather and all, it's taking its time but we managed to finish off the fibreglass roof (and guttering) yesterday.

I have a question, how do I safely and legally dispose of the four empty resin 20kg drums that are left?

Thanks all
if they are empty drums then you can take the to the tip, if they are not empty (you have no need for them anymore) and you have some hardener left throw it in there, then once dry you can take it to the tip, this is the advice my local tip gave me when i was getting rid of some epoxy resin
Mark-J

Post by Mark-J »

Rossl1985 wrote:
Mark-J wrote:What with the weather and all, it's taking its time but we managed to finish off the fibreglass roof (and guttering) yesterday.

Thanks all
if they are empty drums then you can take the to the tip, if they are not empty (you have no need for them anymore) and you have some hardener left throw it in there, then once dry you can take it to the tip, this is the advice my local tip gave me when i was getting rid of some epoxy resin
Brilliant. Thank you
Rossl1985
Newly registered Member

Post by Rossl1985 »

Mark-J wrote:
Rossl1985 wrote:

Thanks all
Brilliant. Thank you
no problems at all
Mark-J

Post by Mark-J »

Well, the heavy lifting has been done, now it's just a matter of cosmetics like painting the exterior and interior.

I do have a problem though. Because we were working within the council 'height' limits, the DPC is the same level as the ground level - where it should have been at least 4" above it. The problem is, even though the DPC is preventing water from coming up into the interior, it's not stopping the water from coming in from the side, like this:

I've taken about 2" off the turf but it's not really helped. There's not a lot of water here, it's just damp moisture. The plan is to dig a soakaway the length of the side of the ground:

As you can see by the red highlighted area, I don't want to skim any more of the turf away because it's revealing the bottom of the rendering; it'll just be exposing the surface to more weather conditions.

Any ideas?

Return to “Carpentry/Joinery Forum”