Typical luck.

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

Retired

Typical luck.

Post by Retired »

Hi,

After being carted off in an ambulance last July leaving our brand new Yeti on our driveway and it being our 40th wedding anniversary my bad luck still is with me. I had gradually improved up to a couple of weeks ago when I told Bron I was feeling better now than I've felt all my life; no pain anywhere and only light itching in fact I was feeling on top of the world. Then we visited friends (?) who are very aware of my intolerance to dairy products having seen my severe dermatitis first hand and who in the past have always accepted my illness; now these friends greeted us with Swiss roll and biscuits made with dairy butter going on to bake a chocolate cake for us to bring home; previously all has been well and we've totally trusted these friends; I didn't eat either the Swiss roll or biscuits and once again when asked only accepted tea without milk or sugar.

I can eat dark chocolate and the previous cakes have been made with dark chocolate; I enjoyed scoffing a nice big lump of this chocolate cake only for the dermatitis to flare up very badly the following day; yes milk chocolate had been used; fortunately Bron stopped me scoffing a second piece of the cake just in time otherwise I would have ended up in the ambulance again. I'm now almost clear of the dermatitis again but am now on full "Red alert".

This morning Bron and I headed down the M1 motorway to visit Wentworth Garden Centre which we've visited previously but it takes a bit of finding due to it being top secret and not signed. Normally I take J35 but wondered where the SatNav would direct me; the SatNav took us off at J36 and we were to take the first left but the nearside slip road was coned off; not to worry we eventually took the left turning but then the next road to take was completely blocked off; there are masses of roadworks being carried out; oh hum head back to the motorway again and take J35.

I bought a very trendy cap through eBay and was looking forward to receiving it shortly; I've just received an email apology saying due to government import restrictions the cap which would normally arrive from China in 15/25 days could take longer? Decent company and nice email.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201701492899

I received an unexpected parcel through the post; when I opened it the parcel contained a 2" wide paint brush? WOW this was free due to me completing a review; the brush is described as "Professional Quality" looking at the brush it's only stamped with 50mm on its ferrule without a manufacturers name at all; professional quality? Still I can happily accept 15% off my next order if placed before the end of April; I'd better knock off and get my order placed.

Not so much a moan just a way of life. :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

Kind regards, Col.
DSCN2691.JPG
DSCN2691.JPG (167.6 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.
fin

Re: Typical luck.

Post by fin »

ha typical luck.

monday nufc promoted. all going well...

wednesday...... hmrc raid st james' park and arrest the clubs managing director :lol: :lol: :lol: suspected tax and ni fraud

hope ya feeling back to normal soon col

Return to “The Grumpy corner”