Media Request

This is for specific questions about using the forum and also for suggestions about improving the forums.

Moderator: Moderators

TigerAspect
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Media Request

Post by TigerAspect »

Hi there

I am messaging on behalf of a production company called Tiger Aspect and am wondering if you can help…

We are currently making a new programme for a major broadcaster and are looking for tradesmen and women to take part. The programme is provisionally titled House Inspectors and the idea is that a team of tradesmen go into ordinary houses, where owners might be worried about the condition of the property, and give the property an MOT – testing everything from electrical circuits, appliances to structural defects etc.

Our team then go about making good the property and, once all of the trades have completed their work, carry out a makeover. We are currently screen tasting various experts including electricians, plumbers and interior designers and I was wondering if I could perhaps put something on the site for people to get in touch if they would be interested in finding out more?

Please let me know if you think you would be able to help at all.

Very best

Lizzie
dewaltdisney

Re: Media Request

Post by dewaltdisney »

Tiger Aspect make some good programmes but I have to say this is like flogging a dead horse as it has all been done before. What is that show with the diminutive idiot Dominic that cannot say 'aitch' properly....he over eggs the problems which are not usually that bad and could easily be put right.

If you want a sarcastic presenter who would pick holes in everything then I am your man :thumbright:

DWD
These users thanked the author dewaltdisney for the post:
ultimatehandyman
Rating: 7.14%
southwood3
Lemming

Post by southwood3 »

:withstupid: :withstupid: it's a very tired format and has been done to death in my view. Good luck anyway.
Inky Pete

Post by Inky Pete »

Never really understood why people who either didn't bother to get a proper survey before buying or haven't maintained their property themselves should get a freebie from a TV company.

Why not do the same thing, but with charity properties such as childrens hospices and the like?
These users thanked the author Inky Pete for the post:
moderator2
root

Post by root »

Inky Pete wrote:Never really understood why people who either didn't bother to get a proper survey before buying or haven't maintained their property themselves should get a freebie from a TV company.

Why not do the same thing, but with charity properties such as childrens hospices and the like?
got a proper survey done on ours and I know I need a new roof but bugger me if i can forsee a point in time when i can afford it.... :sad:
- Dave
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Inky Pete wrote:Never really understood why people who either didn't bother to get a proper survey before buying or haven't maintained their property themselves should get a freebie from a TV company.

Nice that Tiger Aspect ask permission before posting details though...unike Channel 5....

perhaps they'll help finish off Donnas Dream House...http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/

:mrgreen:
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
ryan-simpson-1990
Newly registered Member

Post by ryan-simpson-1990 »

These programmes are way to overdone if you ask me. Think of something new like tradesman wars. Who can do the best job at the best price or something lol.
mod5
UHM Super Moderator
Has thanked: 0

Post by mod5 »

Lizzie at Tiger Aspects,
As you had the courtesy to ask if you could post details of the program, and UHM Admin has actually read your post without commenting, I will take the liberty of saying that that means you can go ahead and post your details. Use the General DIY forum as it will attract most readers to your thread.

The posts in this thread are not sarcastic but just true comments from guys (some very good professionals) who have seen too many of the type of program that you are planning on running.

The suggestion to use buildings that are charity rest homes or respite care homes seems to be a good idea. UHM has donated time and money to Donna's Dream Home after an arson attack but they could still do with more help by professional tradesmen.
mod5.
These users thanked the author mod5 for the post:
moderator2
gas4you

Post by gas4you »

A good twist would be a programme on ' Rogue customers'. There are as many of those as there are rogue traders.
Dave

www.drlgas.co.uk

Return to “About the forums”