Ryobi power tool reviews in here please

Moderator: Moderators

26theroyal
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

4 Year Ryobi One Plus User

Post by 26theroyal »

Number 1.
I'm not a professional. I enjoy DIY. I enjoy using power tools, but not all day long. Not even more than 3 days in a row.

Number 2.
I have only ever owed rubbish power tools and Ryobi One Plus.

Number 3.
I have never found a job I couldn't do with the One+ range.

My now wife bought me the 18v combi drill and angled drill for a birthday present/hint. It came with 2 NiCd batteries. I now own: the impact driver, circular saw, jig saw, radio, torch, orbit sander, wedge sander, caulking gun, vac, reciprocating saw, numerous drill bit packs, 7 NiCd batteries adn 1 14.4 v Li battery. Only 1 of the batteries has failed over the last 4 years and none of the tools despite my tendency towards clumsy. .

Impact Driver
One of my favourites. Light. The hex chunk is great. POwerful little beast. Inbuilt torch is useful. Wish it had a magnetic strip on it like the combi drill.

Circular Saw
Good for quick jops, but drains the battery very quickly (what would you expect). Laser light is too far off the blade edge...not worth having in realty as it can cause bad cuts.

Jig Saw
Not sure if it's me or the jig saw, but changing the blade is difficult and usually results in a bleeding finger or two. I've never managed to do a job I was happy with,...but suspect more me than the tool

Torch
So handy to have a torch in the range. Bulb not gone yet (probably circa 80 hours used). SPare bulb kept on torch..not usre where to find additional spare bulbs

Sanders
Good with a fresh NiCad battery limited effect when battery worn.

Reciprocating Saw
Sawing through nails to remove dorr frames was an effort, but very handy for general wood working jobs.
moderator2
UHM Super Moderator

Re: 4 Year Ryobi One Plus User

Post by moderator2 »

You and Big-All should get a room..... :lol: :lol: :welcomeuhm: btw..
These users thanked the author moderator2 for the post (total 2):
big-all26theroyal
Rating: 14.29%
root

Post by root »

:welcome: :lol:
These users thanked the author root for the post:
26theroyal
Rating: 7.14%
- Dave
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

yep i am a ryobi tart
google the words " i rate ryobi as diy light to medium trade"
we are all ------------------still learning
pud1771

Post by pud1771 »

hello my name is andy and i to am a ryobi tart i feel i am safe to say so here :LoL:. I got my eyes opened to them by a old guy i used to work with in farm maintenance as he said will work aswell as a dewalt and makita yet is half the price and it they got droped in mud or water tanks they still worked. I have in my set 3 combi drills 2 Circular Saws the rep saw, impact driver, wedge sander, angle drill, jigsaw, vac, radio and fluorescent light 8 battery's 3 still unused and 3 chargers. The only problem i have found is i cant seam to find anywhere that sells the tubes for the fluorescent light. Next on my list is the angle grinder and random orbit sander and maybe some li-ion battery's and the 6 gang charger dock. Ment to add :welcomeuhm: hope you enjoy it on here as much as i do.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

dont leave batteries in packages number them and cycle them not in numerical order but order off use

pm me and i will send you a couple off tubes :thumbright:
These users thanked the author big-all for the post:
pud1771
pud1771

Post by pud1771 »

i thought it would be best to leave them uncharged as i am not using them as much as i would like to at the mo as i am not in the maintenance game anymore stuck van driving which i hate.

thanks will pm you now big-all :cheers: and you will have to pm me with how much you want for them and how to pay you :thumbleft:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

batteries actually respond better to use you can actually have a unused battery that will give up before the regularly used battery
i have several other fluro bulbs for the ryobi that i will donate free off charge for any one that will donate time effort to local causes or a donation to uhm or other very good causes
These users thanked the author big-all for the post:
pud1771
pud1771

Post by pud1771 »

Thanks for that tip big-all will charge them up when i go back in to the bomb site i call my workshop lol
have replied to you're pm and i will take you good deed and pass it on maybe even in to a area you love as am thinking of volunteering to help out of a preserved railway in Norfolk :cheers:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

pud1771 wrote:Thanks for that tip big-all will charge them up when i go back in to the bomb site i call my workshop lol
have replied to you're pm and i will take you good deed and pass it on maybe even in to a area you love as am thinking of volunteering to help out of a preserved railway in Norfolk :cheers:
north norfolk ??
pud1771

Post by pud1771 »

I am looking that way towards Sheringham as got a lot of friends who live there so can kill 2 birds with one stone but will go to anyone who will take on a guy willing to learn track or track side skills and learn then may to drive them or repair them in the future :huray:
pud1771

Post by pud1771 »

Inline with the original post i was reminded of a incident when i first got my ryobi combi drill i like a fool let a guy i used to work with borrow it for drill a couple of holes in a gate post last thing before we left off i just told him to put it on the back of the tipper and i would sort it out next morning. When i got in i searched the back of the truck and couldn't find my drill took a drive around the farm to where he had been working after searching the workshop high and low to find the drill sitting on a fence post where he had left it. I let forth a few choice words about the guy as i jumped out of the van and walked over thinking it would be dead as it had been damp over night and picked it up squeezed the trigger expecting to hear the death wine of the motor but it worked like i had just bought it and is still in use today. Don't know if a dewalt or makita would have stood up to that and all the other abuse i have given them over the years :huray: :LoL:
pud1771

Post by pud1771 »

received my lamps from big-all this morning in the post in perfect condition. All i can say is thanks big_all for them and you have a pm and this is a great forum and long may it run :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

you are welome
its the great people like yourself that make a great forum :thumbleft: :lol:

Return to “Ryobi”