Intergas 24/18 HRE compact Combi

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

thescruff

Re: Intergas 24/18 HRE compact Combi

Post by thescruff »

At the moment I have roughly 62 flow and 42 return.

One of the rads is 83c smell that paint. :lol:

About 10c difference across the rads.

Checked all the rads and average is 80c. :thumbright:
Mehran2

Post by Mehran2 »

btw would this be a bad time to say that intergas approved installers are going to be able to give 5 year warranty on boiler...so I have just been told...
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

Gassafe approved me installing it, does that count. :thumbright:

Did I say I love the rhino flue, it's as good as a plume management kit, and chucks it up, so it's not directed at anything. :thumbright:

Don't give out much water from the condensate drain :scratch: probably 1/2 cup in 6hours.
Mehran2

Post by Mehran2 »

is you rads still at 80'C ? would not worry about it, it could be simply that you have not burn enough gas to make loads on condensate. have you range rated the boiler yet? if your system is small would increase the anti cycling time to 5+ minutes as well

not sure you can get the 5 years john, have not got the detail yet but looks like you need to have fitted x amount and been on the course but can't really tell you yet as I have no detail yet.

the rhino was a real surprise to me when I first fitted as no one told me they were changing it... even more so as I had to fit the flue under a eve :roll: :lol:
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

Nope, just warming the house back up at the moment, 24hrs with no heat is not good. :roll:

Fitting X number of boilers, is not gonna happen, I'm happily retired and fully intend it to stay that way :thumbright:

If I have to fit another boiler in the next 5 years, it won't be an Intergas in other words.

Mind you all this free adverting I think they should give me at least 10 years. :lol: This thread has probably double their sales already. :roll:
Razor

Post by Razor »

Surely you will get the warranty when Dan registers it with them :wink:

If the returns above 55 degrees it won't be condensing anyway so no worries there. I'm sure once you have finished playing with it and turn it down it'll steam like a goodun :thumbright:
I think I'll take two chickens...
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

Razor wrote:Surely you will get the warranty when Dan registers it with them :wink:

If the returns above 55 degrees it won't be condensing anyway so no worries there. I'm sure once you have finished playing with it and turn it down it'll steam like a goodun :thumbright:
The return hasn't been much above 42c all day and it hasn't stopped steaming. :thumbright:

The fan is hardy turning on low speed, it seems to be in simmer mode now. Certainly not cycling, in fact I don't think it's turned off yet.

Bloody water's hot when you first open the tap, may turn the pre-heat off and try it later.

Must be quite a saving not heating 200Ltrs of stored water every day.
Mehran2

Post by Mehran2 »

yeh, you need to keep in mind that by its very nature the dhw in the hx will be what ever temp the CH is turning off the pre-heat will not stop water coming out at the same temp as the heating at first.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Mehran2 wrote:yeh, you need to keep in mind that by its very nature the dhw in the hx will be what ever temp the CH is turning off the pre-heat will not stop water coming out at the same temp as the heating at first.
Have you ever fitted a TMV to the output?
I think I'll take two chickens...
Mehran2

Post by Mehran2 »

no, it is only the first slug and the problem goes away if keep the flow temp lower. WC and openthem help alot
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

Mehran2 wrote:yeh, you need to keep in mind that by its very nature the dhw in the hx will be what ever temp the CH is turning off the pre-heat will not stop water coming out at the same temp as the heating at first.

Is that likely to cause scale problems if it over 50c. :scratch:
Mehran2

Post by Mehran2 »

I asked this, was told that the velocity of the water moving through the internal dhw pipework helps to shed and more it along...

now I not sure if that was true or waffle, would recommend a scale reducer anyway also been having a look around atmos website and found this: http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/document(121).pdf

now, I live and work in a hard water area, it has not stop me fitting the boiler and i have not had one scale up yet but clearly there is a chance...
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

Quite interesting actually, what scale reducer they recommend would be even more interesting.

The electronic type hold the scale in suspension, so only any good for running water, something else to keep an eye on, although we are not really hard in the mendip area, the kettle never needs to be de-scaled
Mehran2

Post by Mehran2 »

to be honest if your kettle does not scale then its not that hard.

we fit combimates,I not trust or believe any magnet or electronic gizmo works...never seen any real evidence other then hear say about them.

http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/docu ... 136%29.pdf
Mehran2

Post by Mehran2 »

just had a quick look in the intergas manual, the only reference I can find about lime scale is in the fault finding tables telling you to de-scale if it scales up... did not find anything saying you have to fit a scale reducer.

an over sight maybe?

I did get the impressing of 'nothing to worry' about when I was at intergas HQ. was also told that Holland has hard water as well...

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”