Non branded eBay drills?

This forum is for reviews of Budget power tools such as B&Q / Wickes own brand, Direct power / Titan / challenge / Performance power / Erbauer / Skill/ Bosch Green / Black & Decker

Moderator: Moderators

DIY_Johnny
Mr. Grumpy

Re: Non branded eBay drills?

Post by DIY_Johnny »

look like its 1.2Ah and 3 hour charge time, from here
These users thanked the author DIY_Johnny for the post:
big-all
Rating: 7.14%
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

i know its more but i would strongly recomend the ryobi set 1.2 ah and 3hrs charge is very bad
1.2 is the fuel tank ryobi fuel tank is 1.5 to 1.7
quality pro tools always have 2/2.4/2.6/3 ah batteries

at 1.2x3hrs= 0.4ah per battery capacity or 0.8 capacity on average for the tool per 6 hour cycle ideal for the odd shelve or small project iff both batteries are flat you have to wait 3hrs

at 1.5 or 1.7 because you have a 1hr charge that = 1.6ah or 3.2 ah per tool or battery pairs per 2hr cycle
in other words the bxd can give out 2.4 ah every 6 hours
the ryobi can give out over 10ah per 6 hours

in other words if you have a stud wall a floor a deck you want to build you will have 4 times the capacity [fuel tank] with ryobi over bxd
i have great respect for bxd but 3 hrs is half the day gone whilst youwait for it to recharge then low run rate as it will run out 40% quicker
we are all ------------------still learning
DIY_Johnny
Mr. Grumpy

Post by DIY_Johnny »

for a cheap one, something like this titan, 1.5A, 1 hour charge time. I have used Titan stuff before they have no replaceable parts but in my view are just as good as Black and Decker. Titan are surprising good actually, I keep expecting my Titan stuff to fall apart but it does keep going

Not as good as Ryobi by any means but for the same price as the B&D in your link, the Titan would be my choice.

I find with these sale prices in B&Q that they advertise seems like a fantastic deal, i.e. £140 to £49 for the B&D but you can get a Makita 3A with 22min charge for 150 or that DeWalt that Weegie noted for 125 so no way the B&D is worth £140 even with the kit
The Weegie

Post by The Weegie »

BenjaminS that is the one that I seen.

DIY Johnny that is a good find on the Titan. You don't normally get the 1 hour charger and 1.5a batteries on Budget tools.

I have an 8 year old Black and Decker Firestorm drill which has been battered and dropped. Used for days non stop with 1 battery and is still going strong.

:thumbleft:
It may seem difficult at first! But everything is difficult at first.
BenjaminS
Newly registered Member

Post by BenjaminS »

I decided to check Maplin, got a 24v Rolson Hammer Drill, going by my grandad who has used Rolson before I risked it and using it for putting some curtain rails up I found it did well and after 3 hours of use still running very strong.

Return to “budget power tools ”