Your expert assistance is required please.

Plastering questions and answers here please

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Newly registered Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:32 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Your expert assistance is required please.

Post by Grampa » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 pm

I've removed a corner bath as my wife can no longer get into it. (Arthritis) I want to install a lower shower tray and use those 1m x 2.4 M plastic panels over the old tiles. The trouble I have is knowing how to patch the hole left by the old bath. It is bare bricks on one side and breeze block on the other. I want to finish it so it is level with the old tiles and smooth enough to allow the glue to the plastic panels to adhere to it. I think the largest thickness of rendering would need to be just under one inch or 2.5cm.

Should I use sand and cement, plaster board, bonding? I really don't know what would be best. Hence my call for your expert guidance.

Many thanks for any replies.
IMG_20190626_212500.jpg (180.17 KiB) Viewed 336 times
User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 24893
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1333 times
Been thanked: 3686 times

Your expert assistance is required please.

Post by wine~o » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Sand and cement or bonding. either will do the job.
These users thanked the author wine~o for the post:
Grampa (Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:33 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :
Post Reply

Return to “Plastering Forum”