refacing existing kitchen

Questions about fitting kitchens in here please

Moderator: Moderators

donmaico
Been thanked: 0

refacing existing kitchen

Post by donmaico »

Hi I have Benchmarx foil/vinyl wrapped kitchen which was fitted about 7 years ago .So far I see no signs of it peeling but as their kitchen fronts only carry a 5 year warranty I imagine it won't be too long before it starts doing so.With that in mind, I thought of having all doors and drawers replaced with a painted alternative or solid wood in a shaker style.The carcasses are fine and would appear to have several more years in them so refacing makes sense.I thought of Dream Doors( a franchise) but they have been slated on Trust pilot.Kitchen Restoration?
wine~o

Re: refacing existing kitchen

Post by wine~o »

unless the doors a drawers are a standard size then it won't be worth the effort, there are loads of companies out there who sell replacement doors. personally I'd live with it for now and start saving for a better quality kitchen.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
donmaico
Been thanked: 0

Post by donmaico »

wine~o wrote:unless the doors a drawers are a standard size then it won't be worth the effort, there are loads of companies out there who sell replacement doors. personally I'd live with it for now and start saving for a better quality kitchen.
thanks, it seems a shame because the cabinets are pretty sound
fin

Post by fin »

could always sell it and put that money towards a new kitchen,. i did once try to price up buying doors only from howdens and it was gonna be almost as much as a new kitchen.

id also say that if the doors are currently sound theres no reason to worry really. unless its dated badly maybe

Return to “Kitchen Fitting”