Some spares for Erbauer available

This forum is for reviews of Budget power tools such as B&Q / Wickes own brand, Direct power / Titan / challenge / Performance power / Erbauer / Skill/ Bosch Green / Black & Decker

Moderator: Moderators

Puma

Some spares for Erbauer available

Post by Puma »

I often see it reported that you cannot get spares for Erbauer. But your basic spares - carbon brushes and so forth are available from http://www.solenttools.co.uk (Solent Tools). I think they are basically compatible parts rather than replacement originals.
fin

Re: Some spares for Erbauer available

Post by fin »

yea seen those guys before.

tbh i find mostly that a tool gets to be a canny age before things like motor brushes need looking at. even with canny heavy use.
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I don't think I have ever replaced brushes on a tool. I have a box full of brushes that comes as spares on almost every tool I have bought, usually though before the brushes wear out, either something else breaks, I break it in some way or I upgrade.
Puma

Post by Puma »

I am just saying I've seen 'Don't buy Erbauer you cannot get spares' quite a few times.

I agree it would be very rare for me to want to replace a drill chuck or something. Besides the quality of tools increases pretty fast and there is usually some reasonable upgrade available by the time something breaks. Someone proudly showed me his decade or so old Hilti Drill Drivers. They must have weighed over 5kg each, all I could think was that if they were mine I would be praying for them to die.

Return to “budget power tools ”