Cordless drill

This forum is for reviews of Budget power tools such as B&Q / Wickes own brand, Direct power / Titan / challenge / Performance power / Erbauer / Skill/ Bosch Green / Black & Decker

Moderator: Moderators

towrad42
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Cordless drill

Post by towrad42 »

I recently bought a new drill as I was still using my old man's heavy 1960's B & D which still works well but is very noisy and unwieldy. It has two handles and you need them!
My new one is a JCB 12DDLi, which seems to be relatively unknown in the power tool world, no reviews anywhere. It hasn't got the hammer action although there is a hammer version available and also as a pair. I like it because it is compact and light with an instant brake, two speed, 15 torque settings and I haven't needed to charge it yet. I liked the compact design without the bulge of a battery pack at the bottom of the handle.
I wouldn't call it budget though, not at £85.98!
Anyone with any thoughts on these?
swanny
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cordless drill

Post by swanny »

hi ya, its all about budget and demand. diy, fine. pro use, no good. ive seen alot of jcb in action and not a bad tool it seems but anyone on ere using day in day out will allways go for, dewalt, makita, pro bosch, milwaukee and so on. reason being, quality build, customer services and battery AH. i have tools i dont use day in day out by cheeper manufacturers and i wouldnt knock any of them but like i say, "all day v once a weak"

Return to “budget power tools ”