Been thanked: 0

New leak photo incluced

Post by l00ey »

Hi

I have a couple of new leaks
I have a photo of one below
IMG_20200709_215342003.jpg
IMG_20200709_215342003.jpg (209.31 KiB) Viewed 138 times
Plumber fitted new loo and rad see this thread, as some questions re pipes not answered viewtopic.php?f=8&t=101518-pressure on boiler just above 1 bar now but boiler still warmish.
There is also a leak where the pan connecter meets the ceramic, I thought I would give the loo a whole check tonight when I noticed above leak.
Plumber had to come back because of a leak from the cistern to the flush pipe, and I thought at the time that was the only leak, he put ptfe tape on it.
Here is a picture of the original leak from cistern to flush pipe.
I also never found out if the bending of the pipes in the post linked above could cause a leak in the concrete floor elbow, as bright green has appeared as shown in picture on that post since plumber attended.
sorry to be a pain, these are real tangible problems, my hand feels wet, when plumber came back I didn't wanna sound OCD or paranoid thinking there was 3 leaks, so I assumed there was only one from cistern to flush pipe which was splashing down onto the lower areas but after thorough checks using tissue which got wet, there are actual leaks.
Attachments
IMG_20200616_122127558.jpg
IMG_20200616_122127558.jpg (150.32 KiB) Viewed 138 times
l00ey

New leak photo incluced

Post by l00ey »

9 views but no answers, I know there are some knowledgeable people on here, I gotta contact plumber tomorrow first thing and was hoping someone could help.
l00ey

New leak photo incluced

Post by l00ey »

I texted photos of leaks to plumber's boss this morning and he wanted to send the same young employee this morning to repair.
While I mean no disrespect to young plumbers learning the job, he put the loo lid on wonky so bowl was exposed, fitted the loo with three leaks, put no seal between pan connecter and soil pipe and there is green has appeared around the radiator pipes where they meet the floor after turning heating on, so, I don't think I was being unreasonable asking for the boss or his son to come to repair them instead, because I felt the job was substandard, who wouldn't 3 leaks in a loo etc
The boss said he would contact me in a few weeks, as he was fully booked up, so now I have to contend with leaks for weeks or longer. As I paid good money, he could have told me he will check his diary and book me in when the next available space is, even if it is a few weeks.
I said I would email him in two weeks, but by then, he will have more bookings, so I will have to contend with leaks for longer, I don't feel as if I am being treated fairly.
Nothing against the young lad who did the job but he made so many errors and he did admit he was rushing the job. Who wouldn't't be unhappy 3 leaks in the loo etc.
Chop

New leak photo incluced

Post by Chop »

Don't know what to suggest other than mention you will go to trading standards - they will probably give them 7 days to put right - but unless the trader has had lots of complaints made against them they probably won't pursue it.
These users thanked the author Chop for the post:
l00ey (Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:06 am)
Rating: 7.14%
:thumbleft:

The Barman says, "I'm sorry, we don't serve time travellers". This time traveller walks into a bar.
l00ey

New leak photo incluced

Post by l00ey »

Chop wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:45 am
Don't know what to suggest other than mention you will go to trading standards - they will probably give them 7 days to put right - but unless the trader has had lots of complaints made against them they probably won't pursue it.
Thanks, you are right about trading standards, I went to them years ago about a cowboy builder who messed up my living room, they did zilch.
The trader has now been caught years later and has several county court judgements against him for being a jack of all trades but master of none.
The boss of this company is CIPHE accredited, so I know how good he must be, it was his employee that made all of the errors.
I cannot understand how an accredited plumber would take on an employee who makes so many errors as he would not want his reputation tarnished.
I just don't want to wait weeks with leaks.
Also, I stil wanna know why bright green now collects around the base of the pipes that the plumber joined the new radiator to.

Return to “Plumbing Forum”