Plumber did not de-bur inside of pipes, should I be worried, also bent pipe coming from concrete

plumbing, drainage and waste water questions here please

Moderator: Moderators

Bob225

Plumber did not de-bur inside of pipes, should I be worried, also bent pipe coming from concrete

Post by Bob225 »

Age has nothing to do with it !!! is it fixed - Yes, do pipes need deburring - not really, a sharp pipe slice will make a clean cut, worried about a bent pipe, I have seen worse it gives it some character

I know some are going a bit crazy due to recent events but try and focus on something else rather than making a mountain out of a molehill, It's not an insurmountable issue
l00ey
Been thanked: 0

Post by l00ey »

Bob225 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 am
Age has nothing to do with it !!! is it fixed - Yes, do pipes need deburring - not really, a sharp pipe slice will make a clean cut, worried about a bent pipe, I have seen worse it gives it some character

I know some are going a bit crazy due to recent events but try and focus on something else rather than making a mountain out of a molehill, It's not an insurmountable issue
Hi
It's my ignorance of plumbing making me ask loads of questions.
Also this flat has had loads of different leaks in the time Ive been here, some my fault, one gas safe engineer made my boiler leak, he even left off the carbon monoxide flue peg, Worcester Bosch man spotted it, so I'm sorry for my paranoia, had a few dodgy tradesmen.
As for this job, toilet leaking where flush pipe joins cistern, but no biggie, plumber coming on Wednesday to fix.
l00ey

Post by l00ey »

Where cistern meets flush pipe
sx_turbo

Post by sx_turbo »

l00ey wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:35 pm
[quote=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">sammy.se</span> post_id=816875 time=1592292188 user_id=56655]
I think you are overly worrying about this. If any leaks emerge, then take it up with the company.
Hacksaws are perfectly fine to cut pipes with, especially in awkward spaces.

Don't worry.
Yeah it was awkward space but he didn't debar, I expressed concern and he got a tiny file out and used it for a few seconds, I'm on good terms with plumber though, so his boss can reassure me about hacksaw.
[/quote]

to file off copper it literally takes seconds, usually just a quick scratch around the edge is enough to remove the burr,

there nothing wrong here
moderator2
UHM Super Moderator

Post by moderator2 »

banjerbill, I've deleted your post.
l00ey

Post by l00ey »

fin wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:29 pm
where is it leaking from?
It's leaking form the cistern but the plumbers boss is coming back on Wednesday to fix it.
Below is a better photo of the right hand side pipe bent, you can see the bend more, I put the before picture in also to compare, I thin the plumber tried to straighten it but I am not sure.
There is still wet on the floor, lo leakage above from the rad, dunno if underfloor pipe are leaking, no drop in water pressure but bathroom floor in that area stinks of wet concrete. You can see how much more bent than in the second picture of my first post.
radiator valve.jpg
radiator valve.jpg (49.5 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Attachments
IMG_20200615_190933829.jpg
IMG_20200615_190933829.jpg (445.36 KiB) Viewed 130 times
fin

Post by fin »

out of interest. where on the cistern is it leaking from?

i very much doubt the plumber has damaged anything by slightly moving the pipes. the only way it could have started to leak realistically is if the pipe has compression fittings. if its a soldered fitting it wont leak.

plus youd see the pressure droping if it was leaking to that extent.

get a single sheet of toilet paper. dap it on the valve by the nut at the bottom and the one on the side where it attaches to the radiator. if theres any water youll instantly see the toilet paper absorb it and youll know there is a very very slight leak. if it remains dry then its all good.
l00ey

Post by l00ey »

fin wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:29 pm
where is it leaking from?
sorry for late reply, for some reason, even though I subscribe to threds I have stopped getting emails to notify me of replies.
Was leaking from where cistern meets flush pipe, plumber came back and fixed it, he asked if there were any more, I quickly checked as I didn't want them to think I was paranoid about leaks and said no.
Yesterday I found 2 more leaks, one where flush pipe meets loo, and one where connecter meets loo.
I texted boss first thing this morning, he is accredited.
The plumber said he would send the same lad again today but as he has made so many errors, I asked if he could come. I know plumbers are booked up but as I paid good money for shoddy work, lid and seat misaligned also, and green now coming out of radiator pipes where they meet floor, I asked if he would come. I thought he would look in his diary and book me in for a few weeks time but instead he said he was booked solid and would contact me in a few weeks time.
He will have more bookings by then, dunno why he just couldn't book me in since Ive already paid.
I feel like Ive been taken advantage of, the young plumber even admitted he was rushing the job.

Return to “Plumbing Forum”