plumbing, drainage and waste water questions here please

Moderator: Moderators

itm1960
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cistern not flushing

Post by itm1960 »

someone-else wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:53 pm Looks like you have the same as mine then, or is it mine is the same as yours.
I guess so. Have you ever tried replacing it?
Someone-Else

Cistern not flushing

Post by Someone-Else »

No, but I would watch the UHM video again. (But mines worse, its more corroded)
I was actually thinking of buying a cheap toilet and fit it to the shed wall outside (seriously) just so I can see what is actually involved (for me) and could I do it in a few hours.
All the bolts on mine are corroded, so not only will it be fun taking it down, I have to get what ever is in the wall holding the cistern on, out. If I cut it off I will not be able to refix the cistern.

I have just looked, I have got what looks like brass screws holding mine to the wall.(But they look pretty gruuby)
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
itm1960
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cistern not flushing

Post by itm1960 »

Sadly I think the discoveries on this thread have persuaded me that this is probably a job for a plumber. Given the age of my bathroom fittings I can imagine the job getting pretty horrible in the hands of a novice like me.
Many thanks for all the advice - much appreciated.

Return to “Plumbing Forum”