Moderator: Moderators

Zamora8949
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dishwasher Installation

Post by Zamora8949 »

Hello Guys,

Looking for some help if possible. This question I am sure is ridiculous and I know probably unnecessary but I'm struggling with installing a dishwasher, because I can't find where the water supply would come from.

Long story short, moved into a property where the sink only has room for one connector, which is occupied by the washing machine currently. Dishwasher was previously installed (apparently) and I can only think this was in the utility room, as there is a waste pipe there.

However the only pipes on show are ones running vertically to the ceiling. Technically I can connect the water pipe to this, but no water will fill as I assume that's not what it's for. However thought I would ask some experts, in case there is something else I need to do to get the water to flow!

Other than that, can only imagine the dishwasher wasn't installed previously

I've attached a picture of the pipes in question.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
Pipe.JPG
Pipe.JPG (18.65 KiB) Viewed 983 times
Someone-Else

Dishwasher Installation

Post by Someone-Else »

Have you turned the valve on ? (after you connect the hose) Its the "screw" on the side.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Zamora8949
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dishwasher Installation

Post by Zamora8949 »

I haven't no. What tool would I need for that?

I'm really a complete novice as you can see, but I appreciate your help!
dewaltdisney

Dishwasher Installation

Post by dewaltdisney »

They are the hot and cold valves installed for a washing machine. A dishwasher, and most washing machines, only use cold these days so you will have to establish which is which. The screw on the side will open the valve but be careful to only turn it on a smidge to see whether hot or cold comes out, my guess is the cold is on the right. Have a bowl under to catch the water. It might be an idea to turn your stopcock nearly off to reduce pressure whilst you do your test. It might be an idea to cap the redundant pipe see https://www.screwfix.com/p/bsp-blank-nut-x/39553 while you are fitting the DW feed.

DWD
Nos

Dishwasher Installation

Post by Nos »

If the pipes go upstairs, just open a hot tap somewhere, you should feel which pipe is warmer, then do as DW says.

Return to “Plumbing Forum”