view newest post button

This is for specific questions about using the forum and also for suggestions about improving the forums.

Moderator: Moderators

thescruff

Post by thescruff »

Yep if you click the arrow now it takes you to the first 1st Jan reply. :lol:
Sparky James

Post by Sparky James »

thescruff wrote:Yep if you click the arrow now it takes you to the first 1st Jan reply. :lol:
No it goes to the last post of that thread and as the thread is updated thoughout the day it reappears and takes you to the last post. I always view the forum with the posts since last visit button and this gives the latest list of updated posts and recent read posts.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

please please please can we have "new posts today" button so when i sign in and have a problem or accidently log out :roll: :roll: :roll:
i can see the new posts easily as i dont have time to trawel though all the forum and usualy move on :roll:
we are all ------------------still learning
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

The buttons have been there since PHPBB was made.

I have never ever clicked on one of the buttons, if I want to read a post I click on the post title- simple.

Why would you want to click on a button that takes you to the last post in a thread when you have not read all the other posts in that thread :roll:

I think personally some of you lot have no mouse control and have clicked on the little buttons by accident :lol:
python
General Builder
Has thanked: 0

Post by python »

view newest unread is a great button. especially in a fast growing topic with multiple pages, you might not even know which page you were on. view newest unread post should take you straight to the first unread post.
Sparky James

Post by Sparky James »

python wrote:view newest unread is a great button. especially in a fast growing topic with multiple pages, you might not even know which page you were on. view newest unread post should take you straight to the first unread post.

:thumbright:
DIY_Johnny
Mr. Grumpy

Post by DIY_Johnny »

I just click "View posts since last visit", and then click the last page of that thread. Otherwise you don't know any previous entries you have missed of that thread. A few "Page Down", "Page Up", CTRL+END gets you to you location pretty quick :thumbright:
Attachments
Image B (Custom).JPG
Image B (Custom).JPG (27.63 KiB) Viewed 7259 times
Image A.jpg
Image A.jpg (21.37 KiB) Viewed 7259 times

Return to “About the forums”