Eurocarparts winter sale 33% off

Please post your money saving posts/ideas in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

boxedin

Eurocarparts winter sale 33% off

Post by boxedin »

Sale on for a lot of items misc33 code applied at checkout excludes performance parts and tools, accessories and gifts free delivery over £10 spend
https://www.eurocarparts.com/car-parts? ... gKao_D_BwE
These users thanked the author boxedin for the post:
PatB
Rating: 7.14%
Deen9
BANNED
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eurocarparts winter sale 33% off

Post by Deen9 »

Great!
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

I've always found eurocarparts expensive.

Their EGR valve is £204 for my Peugeot van; I got one from my local Dingbros for £120.
steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

Argyll wrote:I've always found eurocarparts expensive.

Their EGR valve is £204 for my Peugeot van; I got one from my local Dingbros for £120.
I went in for a wheel bearing before Christmas for my connect and the cheapest they could come up with for the cheapo crappy one was 53 quid(they are 20 quid on eBay)
Ended up getting a high quality one for 44 quid off amazon. I think if you are in the motor trade they probably give you a good discount but I’ve never had a decent price from them.
Btw argyll,blank off the egr valve and save yourself hassle,money and you’ll get better performance out of your van.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

Years ago I used to get "proper" trade from a motor factor up in the Midlands, through a relative.
A bearing place as well.
The prices were an eye opener.
Likewise we could get a discount at the tool and engineering supplier used by the factory where I worked.
Again, very good prices.
These days I try to buy off t'internet wherever possible.
I will say though that the local ECP was very good when I had the wrong fuel filter. Not their fault or mine. An unlisted difference in the fitting to the preheater.
The guy ran the right part out to me himself on his way home.
boxedin

Post by boxedin »

I haven't used them much but they were the cheapest for a battery when I last purchased and when I took it back a couple of years later (Bosch) they replaced no problem. . I would always shop around before purchasing anyway just to be sure of course.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

steviejoiner74 wrote:

I went in for a wheel bearing before Christmas for my connect and the cheapest they could come up with for the cheapo crappy one was 53 quid(they are 20 quid on eBay)
Ended up getting a high quality one for 44 quid off amazon. I think if you are in the motor trade they probably give you a good discount but I’ve never had a decent price from them.
Btw argyll,blank off the egr valve and save yourself hassle,money and you’ll get better performance out of your van.
I was told about that mate but only after buying the EGR valve :lol: I still haven't fitted it yet.

I can't remember though if I was told it increases fuel consumption or reduces it plus I think they told me it would increase emmissions so might not pass MOT. Can you confirm?
steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

Argyll wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:

I was told about that mate but only after buying the EGR valve :lol: I still haven't fitted it yet.

I can't remember though if I was told it increases fuel consumption or reduces it plus I think they told me it would increase emmissions so might not pass MOT. Can you confirm?
Passes mot no problem. You don’t get big plumes of Black reek either and mpg increases as does power.
The only issue is some newer viecles will throw the management light on so you’d have to check.
Ch@ppers
Newly registered Member

Post by Ch@ppers »

Compare prices with carparts4less, they are often cheaper but are the same company.
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

steviejoiner74 wrote:
Argyll wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:

Passes mot no problem. You don’t get big plumes of Black reek either and mpg increases as does power.
The only issue is some newer viecles will throw the management light on so you’d have to check.

You might have a problem from this year, MOT changes specifically address EGR valves, any modification or removal will be an MOT fail.
steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

Rorschach wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:
Argyll wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:

You might have a problem from this year, MOT changes specifically address EGR valves, any modification or removal will be an MOT fail.
No way they are gonna strip an egr valve to see if it’s been blanked,surely?
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I can't answer that, I am just passing on info that I saw recently, it specifically addressed EGR valves as being a new "Instant Fail" point. There was also mention of certain types of headlights etc. I didn't read all of it since I drive an older car with no mods that isn't diesel :lol:

Depending who the tester is though they might strip it to check, or maybe their computers will tell them, good chance to make a bit of extra money.
Cantseeitfrommyhouse

Post by Cantseeitfrommyhouse »

Rorschach wrote:I can't answer that, I am just passing on info that I saw recently, it specifically addressed EGR valves as being a new "Instant Fail" point. There was also mention of certain types of headlights etc. I didn't read all of it since I drive an older car with no mods that isn't diesel :lol:

Depending who the tester is though they might strip it to check, or maybe their computers will tell them, good chance to make a bit of extra money.
MOT is a visual inspection, they'll never take anything apart. They don't even take plastic undertrays off to inspect the underside currently.

If you blank the EGR on a diesel it will run lean at part throttle (as unlike a petrol it's not using closed loop fuelling), which obviously will save you fuel and increase power in the short term theoretically at the expense of longevity.

Whether this loss of longevity is offset by the fact the engine is not ingesting/storing soot mixed with oil (which makes a horrible sticky abrasive mess) is a matter for debate.

Return to “Money Saving”