Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Please post your money saving posts/ideas in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by steviejoiner74 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Some cracking deals on at Morrisons from tommorow,1ltr of jack Daniels for 18 quid will do me!!
Attachments
IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0513.JPG (162.75 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
These users thanked the author steviejoiner74 for the post (total 2):
Dave54smujytradeservices
Rating: 14.29%
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
User avatar
wine~o
Senior Member
Posts: 24938
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 3699 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by wine~o » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Our local Mozzies will almost certainly be out of stock of anything that I want. They normally are....... :sad:
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
City Flooring
Newly registered Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by City Flooring » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:39 pm

steviejoiner74 wrote:Some cracking deals on at Morrisons from tommorow,1ltr of jack Daniels for 18 quid will do me!!
YESSSSS. IS THIS ON IN ALL STORES STEVE?
User avatar
Dave54
Senior Member
Posts: 4181
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 1064 times
Been thanked: 966 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by Dave54 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Cheers Steve. I'll pop over tomorrow I think. As you say a litre of JD would go down OK!
User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by steviejoiner74 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:16 pm

City Flooring wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:Some cracking deals on at Morrisons from tommorow,1ltr of jack Daniels for 18 quid will do me!!
YESSSSS. IS THIS ON IN ALL STORES STEVE?
I think it's uk wide,doesn't apply online tho.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by steviejoiner74 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:24 pm

wine~o wrote:Our local Mozzies will almost certainly be out of stock of anything that I want. They normally are....... :sad:
The St. Andrews store which is closest to me is usually well stocked and the locals usually stick to the 2 bottles per customer.
However the next closest store is a different story,loads of certain small shopkeepers empty the shelves quicker than you could imagine and Flog in their shop toot sweet...
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
User avatar
wine~o
Senior Member
Posts: 24938
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 3699 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by wine~o » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:39 pm

steviejoiner74 wrote:oads of certain small shopkeepers empty the shelves quicker than you could imagine and Flog in their shop toot sweet...
I think you'll find the expression is actually tout suite.. meaning "right now"... I know for a fact that local "certain" shopkeepers down here do the same...

and sometimes remove the "use by dates" as well.... :sad:
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by steviejoiner74 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 pm

wine~o wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:oads of certain small shopkeepers empty the shelves quicker than you could imagine and Flog in their shop toot sweet...
I think you'll find the expression is actually tout suite.. meaning "right now"... I know for a fact that local "certain" shopkeepers down here do the same...

and sometimes remove the "use by dates" as well.... :sad:
Aye but I'm not French wine-o!! It's written as toot sweet in the uk isn't it? :scratch:
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
User avatar
wine~o
Senior Member
Posts: 24938
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 3699 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by wine~o » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:14 pm

steviejoiner74 wrote:
wine~o wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:oads of certain small shopkeepers empty the shelves quicker than you could imagine and Flog in their shop toot sweet...
I think you'll find the expression is actually tout suite.. meaning "right now"... I know for a fact that local "certain" shopkeepers down here do the same...

and sometimes remove the "use by dates" as well.... :sad:
Aye but I'm not French wine-o!! It's written as toot sweet in the uk isn't it? :scratch:
Only in Scotland........ :boxing:
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
User avatar
Retired
Senior Member
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Fenay Bridge; Huddersfield.
Has thanked: 1887 times
Been thanked: 575 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by Retired » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi,

I visited our local Morrison's this morning; I never ever buy any alcohol but I do enjoy dark chocolate; every Christmas I buy myself two big boxes of Black Magic chocolates and these last into the new year. In Morrison's I saw a top shelf loaded with these boxes of Black Magic and thought what a bargain; a very large sign declared 2 for £5; WOW I'll buy another two these will last until Easter? Then knowing my luck I thought this is too good to be true; I went up very close to look at the small print description on the shelf front to find it related to nuts and crisps; I wonder how many reached the checkout with a couple of these boxes? I've been caught out previously a few times with Morrison's special offers; a few years ago I bought two boxes or Terry's All Gold chocolates again at half price but got these home before I realized I had been charged full price so I took both boxes back and obtained a full refund. I don't trust Morrison's pricing at all. :pukeleft:

Another gimmick of Morrison's is to sell say a four pack of tins of baked beans at a special price when four single tins cost less. Anyone else noticed similar things at Morrison's?

Kind regards, Col.
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY.
User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by steviejoiner74 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:31 pm

None of the deals were sold out in my local store. Currently sipping my way through a litre bottle of JD with full fat Coke!
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
blackvenom
Senior Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:51 am
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by blackvenom » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:15 pm

steviejoiner74 wrote:None of the deals were sold out in my local store. Currently sipping my way through a litre bottle of JD with full fat Coke!
Have you found the 1ltr on offer somewhere?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by steviejoiner74 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:22 pm

It's on offer in all Morrisons stores.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
blackvenom
Senior Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:51 am
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by blackvenom » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:34 pm

steviejoiner74 wrote:It's on offer in all Morrisons stores.
This I like


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackvenom
Senior Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:51 am
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Morrisons booze deals from thurs-sun.

Post by blackvenom » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Can't seem to edit my previous post. What's the offer? It's still full price online!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply

Return to “Money Saving”