Rac membership renewal..

Please post your money saving posts/ideas in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

wine~o

Rac membership renewal..

Post by wine~o »

Soooo been a member of RAC (personal membership for me and the Mrs. since 2000)...I've always been happy with the service from the RAC..

This years renewal was a tad over £250 (Full membership inc. at home)

Saw a TV ad the other day day for "Green flag" saying that their premium would be half what the AA/RAC would charge for equivalent cover.

Got a quote from green flag online and sure enough they came in at £ 128..(Like for like cover..near enough)

So phoned up the RAC.. first line was "let me see what I can do..." came back with £ 178..

Me "Thanks for trying , we'll go with green flag then.."
Them "let me just talk to a supervisor"

yeah right....

Anyway; end of the deal £ 150 quid or 1/3rd off the original renewal.. Just another example of ripping off loyal customers..

However I'd prefer to pay £ 150 to the RAC rather than £ 20 less for a company that I have never used so have no idea of their levels of service..

Thoughts ??????
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Rorschach

Re: Rac membership renewal..

Post by Rorschach »

I would leave on principle if that's how they treat a loyal customer.

That being said, while £250 is a rip off, so is £150. I pay £35 a year and that is for nationwide cover and homestart. It's for the car rather than personal cover but since we only have 1 car anyway it's fine with me. The hope of course is that I never need to use it, touch wood been ok with the current car, used it a couple of times with the old car and they were really good, certainly good for the money paid.
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Rorschach wrote:I would leave on principle if that's how they treat a loyal customer.

That being said, while £250 is a rip off, so is £150. I pay £35 a year and that is for nationwide cover and homestart. It's for the car rather than personal cover but since we only have 1 car anyway it's fine with me. The hope of course is that I never need to use it, touch wood been ok with the current car, used it a couple of times with the old car and they were really good, certainly good for the money paid.
But last year we had two breakdowns and a new Battery covered by the Rac.. If either of the breakdowns were not covered then the call out for an Automatic gearbox car would have been ££££££'s and the battery prolly £100...

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

ayjay

Post by ayjay »

Buy a Mercedes van - 30 years free roadside assistance, (so long as Mercedes service it).
One day it will all be firewood.
getthewheelsinline

Post by getthewheelsinline »

Like wise with ford vans
steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

I can't believe anyone doesn't haggle on any renewal nowadays be it sky,BT,motor insurance etc.
I'm on 60% discount with sky,50% with BT and my van insurance is 179 a year fully comp with no claims protection.
Threatening to leave politely every year pays dividends as does asking to speak to someone from a uk call centre.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

ayjay wrote:Buy a Mercedes van - 30 years free roadside assistance, (so long as Mercedes service it).
Mercedes service at what £ Notes?????????
Verwood Handyman

kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

I'd side with Rorschach on principles alone. It seems like EVERY business takes advantage of their 'loyal' clients - this is pure and simple deceit and, no, they don't deserve your business.
Don't take it personally......
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

My car insurance was increased by 42% this year, guess what I told them to do.

Return to “Money Saving”