Anyone looking forward to Trainspotting 2?

The title speaks for itself!

Moderator: Moderators

smujytradeservices
Newly registered Member

Anyone looking forward to Trainspotting 2?

Post by smujytradeservices »

This isn't really about music but since there isn't a movies corner (and because the first Trainspotting has a great soundtrack) I was wondering if anyone is looking forward to Trainspotting 2 coming out soon?

wine~o

Re: Anyone looking forward to Trainspotting 2?

Post by wine~o »

Not really. I wasn't a fan of the first film.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

I think trainspotting is a film most people South of the border won't "get"
The dialogue and mannerisms that the main characters have is something you'll appreciate more if you come from Scotland,particularly the east and from a poor to working class background. I loved the first film when it came out,still do. Little things were dubbed or altered for tv and the us market. Like the scene on the bus down to England when begbie asks the others whose brought the "cirds"
I remember sitting in the cinema watching and heard an English girl ask her boyfriend,what's "cirds" :lol:

Here's the scene.....https://youtu.be/JAW0_jjbIaE
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
smujytradeservices
Newly registered Member

I think trainspotting is a film most people South of the border won't "get"
The dialogue and mannerisms that the main characters have is something you'll appreciate more if you come from Scotland,particularly the east and from a poor to working class background. I loved the first film when it came out,still do. Little things were dubbed or altered for tv and the us market. Like the scene on the bus down to England when begbie asks the others whose brought the "cirds"
I remember sitting in the cinema watching and heard an English girl ask her boyfriend,what's "cirds" :lol:
:lol: Sure, it isn't even easy for some people who come from Edinburgh like me to understand it tbh. Glad you liked the first film though and the subtitles helped a bit. I think the bit on the bus could have benefited from subtitles too since the scene you're referring to that does have subtitles is set in a nightclub and they are probably using the loud music as an excuse to use them mainly for comedy effect.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Heck I sometimes need subtitles for my wife's outpourings :lol: given I'm a Yorkshire lad married to a feisty Scot.

Smujy - the content of your posts do indicate a willingness to contribute and that goes very much in your favour and, of course, all contributions are greatly received. I'm happy you've clarified your position and warmly welcome you to the fold :salute: :thumbright:
These users thanked the author kellys_eye for the post:
smujytradeservices
Rating: 7.14%
Don't take it personally......
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

I'm looking forward to it and loved the first one. I don't think it matters where you're from , you either get it or you don't a bit like different tastes in music. I quite like Danny Boyles work, is he directing this one ?.
smujytradeservices
Newly registered Member

I quite like Danny Boyles work, is he directing this one ?
He is yes. Several weeks ago my wife saw a Facebook post saying he was actually filming in a nearby area to me in Edinburgh. We drove round and saw them. It is one of the most unlikely places ever where you would expect to see a film crew yet there they were. It seemed pretty crazy although I suppose films do get made in real locations and on this occasion the location is very near me.

I think most people's idea of the type of characters depicted in Trainspotting is that they would come from Glasgow. Being a Scottish person, married to a Scottish person (who I can thankfully understand), we would both be able to explain that these characters are just as likely to be seen in Edinburgh. It is more the funfair-like centre of Edinburgh and certain salubrious suburbs that give rise to the rather posh reputation Edinburgh has.

That's not to say that if you visit Edinburgh you are likely to be accosted by a Trainspotting 'type' although it always a possibility and may keep some tourists on their toes, as well as the more timid locals who try to pretend that everyone in their city is a gentle professional sort of person. So really, it is a credit to Irvine Welsh and Danny Boyle for depicting a section of society often ignored by mainstream culture.

Hopefully the second film will be good and not just simply a cash in.
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

steviejoiner74 wrote:I think trainspotting is a film most people South of the border won't "get"

Here's the scene.....https://youtu.be/JAW0_jjbIaE
Nope... still don't know what "Cirds" means ???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “The Music Corner”