It's time .............

The title speaks for itself!

Moderator: Moderators

ayjay

It's time .............

Post by ayjay »

........to educate a dinosaur. :oops:

I've got my new wheels now, it has a radio, with Bluetooth connectivity and a USB slot on the front.

I rarely listen to the radio as I prefer my own choice of music.

I've got used to having a CD player in the car but no longer have that.

The simplest option I suppose is to swap out the radio for a CD player, but what else could I do?

I have a feeling it might involve an mp3 player - but I refer you back to the first line of this post! :mrgreen:
One day it will all be firewood.
fin

Re: It's time .............

Post by fin »

ive got a nissan qashqai. its got a cd player. but i dunno where all my cd's are....

i activated apple music. now i just look up whatever album i want to have on and play it. or whatever song i think of or set playlists up.

mind its a tenner a month like. but if ya listening to albums you dont already own i guess its not so bad. its only a couplea quid a week.

in my old car i had a load of cd's in the multi changer thing and the damn thing had to cycle through them every single time i started the car up
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

I have an ipod touch, I just plug it into the audio input socket. My OH I can conenct it via bluetooth

The thing is CD's really are old hat. My ipod touch can hold the equivalent of sh*t loads of cds (don't know how many) so rather than having to find a CD you can select a track, AND / or you can make play lists. In short you can "pinch" tracks from any album or other play list you have to make a new play list. I am still not 100% with what it can do, but trust me its better and cheaper than installing a cd player. I would never go back to cds.

Oh, the other thing you can get are "pod casts" Its what talk / speech you hear on the radio, edited so it has no ads I get Mystery Hour, from LBC and they are free.

Ipod touch

CD player

Then you have installation on top.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

fin wrote:i

i activated apple music.
You've lost me already.

Does that involve the use of the smart-phone which I don't have?
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

:dunno: Ayjay...... hasn't it got a cassette deck either ??
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

someone-else wrote:I have an ipod touch, I just plug it into the audio input socket. My OH I can conenct it via bluetooth

The thing is CD's really are old hat. My ipod touch can hold the equivalent of sh*t loads of cds (don't know how many) so rather than having to find a CD you can select a track, AND / or you can make play lists. In short you can "pinch" tracks from any album or other play list you have to make a new play list. I am still not 100% with what it can do, but trust me its better and cheaper than installing a cd player. I would never go back to cds.
Not sure I have an audio input socket.

Can I get my existing CDs onto an iPod?

I've just been reading the destructions again which has given me an idea - can I just put my music onto a USB stick somehow?
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

wine~o wrote::dunno: Ayjay...... hasn't it got a cassette deck either ??
No, just the radio.

Even I know that cassettes are old hat - although my Berlingo has a cassette player: but it's old - like 2001.

Return to “The Music Corner”