Insulated damp proof membrane

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

Monkey Wrench
Been thanked: 0

Post by Monkey Wrench »

We're building an extension at the moment and our builder has returned the thermalite blocks of the inner skin of the wall into the openings for the bifold doors, fitting a piece of dpc roll between the outer brickwork and the thermalites. The building inspector doesn't like it and has requested we fit an insulated vertical dpc instead. I'm not familiar with any such products and wondered if anyone here can recommend a suitable material that we could fit retrospectively. On a previous extension, we used cavity closers that fitted in the 100mm cavity - they seemed a bit lightweight but met the requirements to prevent cold bridging. I did wonder whether I could just stick a piece of celotex in behind the dpc?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Matt
Monkey Wrench
Been thanked: 0

Post by Monkey Wrench »

I managed to get hold of a couple of rolls of IKO Hyload from Travis https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/damp-pr ... m/p/652102. It looks like it will do the job of satisfying the building inspector and providing a little insulation. They apparently don't sell too much of this...

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”