Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

tonk
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

coverage.

Post by tonk »

I'm required to paint the outside of:
8 standard windows from a bungalow (normal size)
2 single doors
3 double doors
Using Zinsser all coat and very likely to use one coat only.
How many litres of paint would I require.
Thanks Tonk
OchAye

coverage.

Post by OchAye »

tonk wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 pm I'm required to paint the outside of:
Do you mean you are quoting for a job and you want to price a quote?

Not that I could even imagine how much paint you will need but labour - preparation in particular!!! - will be the most expensive part of the job. Whether you are getting paid for it or it is your own house, you are doing a horse rider operation - apologies to my large hairy friends - the moment you are proposing to do any external paining on the basis of one coat of paint. Good luck, sorry I can't help. Maybe someone else (him again) can :cheers:

PS. The actual answer it to square it all up but then I always use more than the tin says I should achieve :mrgreen:
PPS. Sorry if I sound pived off, that is because I am. Get some hay and water for the horse whilst it is waiting, be good now!
Rorschach

coverage.

Post by Rorschach »

Work out the rough area and add a litte bit then buy what the manufacturer recommends, like OchAye I never seem to get the coverage the tin says, probably because we never work on a perfect surface.

Also you need to do more than 1 coat. Zinsser all coat specifically says on the tin it is a 2 coat system, the first coat acts like a primer and bonds to the surface, the second coat provides the protection.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”