Yacht varnish - best buy

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

Kabous

Yacht varnish - best buy

Post by Kabous »

Dear All

Need to varnish a hardwood kitchen table. Table is subjected to high volume use and needs to be covered/protected in a superior hardwearing varnish.

Your suggestions appreciated.

Kabous
OchAye

Yacht varnish - best buy

Post by OchAye »

I don't know if Yacht varnish is the ideal product, but I have seen on this forum a "two part varnish" for bar tops and similar being mentioned. Google says, for example https://www.sadolin.co.uk/products/sado ... y-varnish/ (credible company). I hasten to add I have never used it so read carefully the data sheet before you buy, but you get the idea of what to look for. Wood-finishes-direct with whom I seem to spend money :shock: do it.
Tom d'Angler

Yacht varnish - best buy

Post by Tom d'Angler »

Kabous wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:17 pm Need to varnish a hardwood kitchen table.
I used Dulux Trade Diamond Glaze on the surface of a bar in a club seven years ago. It was easy to use and still looks good today.
Kabous

Yacht varnish - best buy

Post by Kabous »

On Ronseal's advice went with their Ultra tough polyurethane. Found it quite difficult or just a faf to obtain a smooth, streak free finish. On for 7 weeks now and seems fine.
These users thanked the author Kabous for the post (total 3):
OchAye (Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:10 am) • Puma (Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:01 pm) • Tom d'Angler (Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:59 am)
Rating: 21.43%

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”